addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

*DC Metro Fil-Am Meetup* Message Board › Filipino Restaurant near Chantilly, VA

Filipino Restaurant near Chantilly, VA

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi y' all,

Any one know of a good Pinoy restaurant that's close to my place in Chantilly. Been to Manila Cafe a couple of times. My wife and I enjoyed the chicharon bulaklak. But because of the distance, by the time I take it home to eat, it has gone cold and turned into wooden sticks. Not fun to chew if you have tmj problems on your jaw!!!

I miss Hawaii now. They have Pinoy treats within 10 min. You all know what I miss most? Hot Pan de Sal in the morning. Used to go to Golden Coin or Valerios in the morning and buy a dozen right off the oven. Soft, hot, and smells awesome. Used to throw away left overs after 2 days. Now I got these Antonio's and Mabuhay brands that I keep for a week and a half. I bet it was made two weeks before I bought it biggrin

Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 21
The closest ones i know to you would be in fairfax.. karaoke idol and little quiapo ... i hardly travel outside of the belt way near chantilly:)
A former member
Post #: 7
Karaoke Idol is a Pinoy restaurant? I thought it was a karaoke bar only from the sound of the name. Can you tell me where it is? I know where Little Q is. I think Springfield is closer than Arlington.
Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 22
karaoke idol is right off lee highway... it is a karaoke bar but they sell filipino food buffet during the weekdays and weekends.. it is limited hours though.

friday saturday night is the time to check the place out.. they server filipino food those nights till 2 am.. they have a decent toscilog and i think their chicharon bulaklak isnt bad either(little quiapo's is better though)
A former member
Post #: 8

I'll have to research what time their buffet is on Saturdays and how much, compared to the a la carte.
Unlimited dinuguans and chicharon bulaklak; heart attack heaven, dude!!! LOL!!!

Well looks like that will be the place to meetup before the shoot out at the range, yeah?

What do you say?

Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 23
or after if it is on a saturday... KI is semi active on sat and fri nights...
buffets are during the day.. if u know where there is unlimited chicharon bulaklak buffet... i would love to know.. maybe one day i will eat it ... but i havent touched the stuff in about 3 years... trying not to get a heart attack:)
A former member
Post #: 10
I doubt I'll ever see an all you can eat chicharon bulaklak place.

But every Filipino buffet bar I've been too in Hawaii and in VA has all you can eat Dinuguan. Good enough for me. Unfortunately you gotta bring your own puto. You gotta have puto instead of rice on Dinuguan.