addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

*DC Metro Fil-Am Meetup* Message Board › PLAY VOLLEYBALL ANYONE?

PLAY VOLLEYBALL ANYONE?

Rudy R
user 9514612
Washington, DC
Hello fellow Tagalog speakers,

A friend of mine invited me to a volleyball tournament on March 14 2010..anyone interested in joining me to form a team?This is All- Filipino sports event. If interested, just touch base me in this discussion. I attached details below.

BuMp yOuR Way To sPiking iT Up...

at

FYBA's 1-DAY VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
on
Sunday, March 14th @ Hayfield Secondary School in Alexandria.

There will be 2 divisions -
ALL-WOMEN'S DIVISION and ALL-MEN'S DIVISION.

* Registration is $15 per player.

* Maximum of 8 total players per team.

* Volleyball open gym this Sunday, March 7th @ 4:00PM.

You can register as early as this coming Sunday, March 7th during the open gym at Hayfield Secondary School in Alexandria @ 4PM.

Bring your 'A' game!

We hope to see you there!
Go FYBA!!!
Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 27
not sure if we can get that many players.. but i wouldnt mind popping up on a team who needs players... is there any coed teams?
A former member
Post #: 1
If only Alexandria was closer...I would totally join! =(
Rudy R
user 9514612
Washington, DC
Post #: 8
Hey Allan! they played coed teams last month and for sure they will have again as spring and summer is approaching...they have an open tournament this coming Sunday..that means anybody can play and form a team.My female friend is going along with her friends. You can come with me if you want to as the venue is very close to you (near Springfield)

Hello Rj and Fran, the venue is not that far from Manassas..probably the same distance where I live..welcome to our group anyway! hope to see you guys in our next meetup :)
Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 28
tomorrow .. sure! what time.. we can meet up there.. just hook me up with the address... should i wear athletic gear... or is it just cheering people on.. let me know..
Shirley
user 11077075
Arlington, VA
Post #: 2
Hi Rudy! Volleyball sounds fun, but out of town next weekend...have a great time...win! :O)
Allan v
user 10760745
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 29
rudy and i actually showed up to this thing today.. it was pretty cool.... lots of filipinos from the area too.. and it was mainly pick up games.. just go on the court if you feel like playing.. there was coed games going on..a ll men games and all women games...

anyone planning to go sometime just let us know.. might be a real fun thing to do during the summer
Rudy R
user 9514612
Washington, DC
Post #: 9
me and allan had a good time yesterdaysmile ..i was able to form a team but i need 2 more ppl on the mens side. you don't need to be super skilled as long as you know how to play the game..your're fine. let us know if interested....