DID YOU KNOW... The "Dark Ages" of Europe were a time of unparalleled scientific discovery in the Muslim world?
Let's learn cool world history, see some awesome gadgets and get to know each other at this unique exhibit hosted by the National Geographic Museum. We'll see the 1,001 inventions exhibit, the Birds of Paradise exhibit, and then we'll finish up with a delicious 4-course meal at nearby Persian restaurant.
We'll learn to see the Muslim heritage in the world all around us with a private talk by the Museum and then visit the 1,001 Inventions exhibit. Next, we'll tour the Birds of Paradise exhibit.
After soaking up all that knowledge, we'll be hungry for a delicious Persian meal of appetizers, hummus, soup, salad, kabobs (choice of Koobideh kabob -seasoned ground beef, chicken kabob or veggie falafel) and baklava! We'll walk a few blocks together as new friends to the aptly named Friends Kabob restaurant for this sumptious feast, as well as a special talk by the staff about the ingredients and recipes used in our meal.
Don't miss this EXCLUSIVE event! Once the amazing exhibit is gone, it's gone for good.
- Group introductions and facilitation by your Meetup Organizer Nejla Routsong
- Admission to the National Geographic Museum and the 1,001 Inventions exhibit and the Birds of Paradise exhibit
- Private introduction to the museum and exhibits by museum staff
- 5-course meal at Friends Kabob restaurant, including food, drinks, tax and tip
- Special talk by Persian chef about the meal and ingredients
Share this on Facebook!
Share this on Twitter!
Carpool: Parking is pretty expensive around here, I highly suggest taking the metro. Farragut North (red line) or Farragut West (orange and blue lines) are closest.
What to bring: Bring your camera, an open mind and your appetite for the meal afterwards. :-)