The DCNYC Hacking Meetup Group Message Board › Job Opening
|A former member||
Sr. Network and Security Engineer
Responsible for engineering and administrating Network & Security infrastructures. Ability to support large enterprise mission critical networks and develop new technology solutions. Provide technical expertise in working with clients and other GS-IT groups on networks and security issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Administer all network infrastructures -LAN, MAN, WAN, VPN and DMZ’s including production support, fault and performance monitoring, improvements and capacity planning
· Analyze & monitor networks continuously
· Analyze and audit overall network security
· Global network responsibilities –follow the sun
· Engineer, design and implement best practices solutions for network connectivity and firewalled DMZ’s
· Provide connectivity solutions to internal customers – application developers and systems analysts, other infrastructure team members, first line support teams
· Make recommendations to management regarding best practices for maintaining the network to meet business requirements
· Project managing infrastructure deployments, network migration, network design, setup IP internetworking with third party, etc
· Ensure compliance with Corporate Security policies and procedures
· Comply with network and firewall Corporate Change Control policies and procedures
· Troubleshoot networks, proxy, f5, firewall, DNS, external vendor and internet connectivity issues
· Firewall rule implementations and DMZ builds –internet and market data on Checkpoint, Cisco ASA and Fortinet Fortigate appliances
· Implement and support Cisco and Juniper HW product line -Catalyst switches, routers, etc.
· Implement and support routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, PIM, etc.
· Administer firewalls, f5 load balancers, and BlueCoat Proxies
· Administering of logging and security platforms: ArcSight, Balabit, Foundstone
· Administering of network monitoring tools -HPOV, Netflow, Orion, Cacti and CiscoWorks
· Keep thorough and current network infrastructure documentation –Visio, etc.
· Occasional off hours and weekend support required
· 70% firewall security – 25% network administration – 5% voice support
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and documentation skills
· Good understanding of more advanced or recent routing and transport protocols at various levels of the OSI layer
· Current on networking and firewall trends in architecture and design
· Good working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris and Linux), Windows and telecom equipment.
· Understanding of VPN concepts, protocols and implementations (Nokia Crypto cluster and Cisco VPN concentrator)
· Network experience with the Financial Industry’s unique requirements –Market Data, exchanges
· At ease with an understanding of security and cryptography concepts and trends as well as firewall architectures
· Experience with Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, PIX or Fortinet Fortigate firewalls
· At least Cisco CCNA certification, CCNP certification
· Over 5 years of experience in a similar position
· Experience with project management