Thank you for joining NYC Debate.
You have discovered an opportunity to test your logical and presentation skills in this team sport for both talkative intellectuals and those who want to mimic talkative intellectuals.
NYC Debate offers a casual and friendly atmosphere, so don?t hesitate to join in!
Our next meetup will be in two days! That's Sunday the 8th of June at 2PM.
Please RSVP right now!
Here's what you can expect:
* We'll start out with introductions so we can learn a little about each other
* A little ice breaking
* Overview of how to debate
* Overview of Topic ? Members are free to suggest topics. You may even debate on which topic to debate! If you cannot decide on one, don?t worry. I have plenty of topics each meeting, from Energy and environment, to education and economics (and that?s just the ?E-words?!)
* Choosing teams and sides - I encourage you to choose a side that you don't believe in to make it more fun, but your choice!
* Debate starts! - Each person speaks for a few minutes introducing their ideas and countering the other team's ideas. We'll pause in between each person so you can discuss ideas with your team.
* Final Discussion - we'll talk about what we liked and didn't like in the debate, and have a chance to say anything we didn't bring up at the time
Our next meetup will be Sunday the 8th at 2PM.
We will meet on the first floor in the Sony Public Atrium. See meetup page for details.
Hope to see you there, NYC Debate June Meeting