Announcing a new Meetup for NYC Debate!
What: NYC Debate November Meetup
When: November 10,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Newcomers are welcome to join. We meet at a table in the Sony Public Atrium on Madison between 55th & 56th St. We'll have a sign displayed on the table so you can find us.
Here's what you can expect:
* We'll start out with introductions so we can learn a little about each other
* A little ice breaking
* Overview of how to debate
* Overview of Topic
* Choosing teams and sides - I encourage you to choose a side that you don't believe in to make it more fun, but your choice!
* Debate starts! - Each person speaks for a few minutes introducing their ideas and countering the other team's ideas. We'll pause in between each person so you can discuss ideas with your team.
* Final Discussion - we'll talk about what we liked and didn't like in the debate, and have a chance to say anything we didn't bring up at the time
Learn more here:http://debateclub.meetup.com/6/calendar/8946608/