add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Den of Clojure Message Board › Heroku or Datomic?

Heroku or Datomic?

Daniel G.
Group Organizer
Castle Rock, CO
Hi Folks,

James Ward from Heroku has graciously offered to present at the meetup next week.  Would folks rather see James while we can get him and Datomic next month or were folks signed up just to see Datomic?  Either way I'll start us off with a beginner coding session.  The beginner session will either be recursion, iterating through data structures, or both.

Chris S.
user 8900490
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hey Daniel,

While I love Heroku, and host my application in it, it seems like Clojure is something that runs within Heroku and has no knowledge of Heroku itself. Deploying a Clojure app to Heroku requires an understanding of Leiningen and Git, but nothing of Heroku (other than the initialization of a dyno which isn't Clojure specific). Datomic is very clojure related and it's api is accessed via Clojure applications - the data structures which are returned are Clojure data structures and it seems like that would be a more relevant topic for a Clojure based discussion.