Our Most Unforgettable Event— ACTION!*
So, some of you have been writing me to say how much you’ve missed the group and about our lack of meetups. Due to Project Angel Heart’s move to a new facility my time has been limited, and I apologize for the scarcity of our events. But, please trust me-- this next event will be worth the wait…
At 6:00 pm on the evening of the 11th of September, I invite you to join the Denver Adventurous Eaters Club and Chef Mary Nguyen at Parallel Seventeen (1600 East 17th Ave., Denver) for a 7-8 course dinner, including wine and cocktail pairings. The event will be filmed for an internationally-broadcast cable TV program*. This is going to be a big deal for us, for Chef Mary and for Denver. You will want to be at this one, truly. I hope you can join us for what may prove to be one of the most unique dining experiences we have ever put on; and to show our special guests some good old Denver hospitality.
I’ll update the menu on the Denver Adventurous Eaters Club Facebook Page info as details emerge. Chef Mary’s past menus have awed and amazed, and this one will similarly stun. Here’s what just some of the menu looks like at the time of posting:
• Fried Bamboo Caterpillars
• Fermented Soybean Spring Rolls, Braised Burdock and Lotus Root
• Jellyfish Salad with Granny Smith Apples and Sansho Buttons
• Stir Fried Pork Uterus
• Braised Goat Dumplings, Brown Butter and Wilted Asian Greens
• Confit of Duck Tongue with Corn Flan
• Slow Cooked Silkie Chicken
• Plus wine/cocktail pairings
• More to come as the event gets closer!
Check out the most recent menu updates now!
There are a few extra details to be aware of for this one. Here’s what you need to know about attending this event:
• IMPORTANT: PLEASE CALL THE RESTAURANT, PARALLEL SEVENTEEN AT[masked] TO RESERVE A SPOT AT THIS EVENT. RSVPing TO THE DAEC MEETUP PAGE WILL NOT SECURE YOU A SEAT AT THE EVENT. THIS WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY.
• AT THE TIME OF YOUR RESERVATION, A CREDIT CARD NUMBER WILL BE HELD FOR THE FULL TICKET PRICE OF $125.00 (EXCLUDING TAX AND TIP), JUST AS IF YOU WERE ATTENDING A BENEFIT-DINNER, CONCERT OR SHOW. SO PLEASE HAVE THAT AVAILABLE AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION. YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE EVENT. ANY CANCELLATIONS NOT MADE WITHIN 72 HOURS OF THE EVENT WILL BE CHARGED IN FULL.
• I realize that this is the priciest event the DAEC has ever held. Please know this event will require closing the restaurant for our group, plus the production of the show will require extra time for P17 to be closed during some days and hours prior to the event. Special ingredients for the food and the beverage will need to be sourced and ordered, some from exotic locales. The pairing, which is included in this dinner, will include specialty cocktails and wine with many of the dishes. If you are able to attend I would recommend it, as this will certainly be one for the books.
• This event will be opened up to the general public on September 1st if not already sold out. I would highly recommend reserving as early as possible. We want a strong showing of actual DAEC members, not just folks who want to get on TV.
• Everyone in attendance will be asked to sign an appearance release. I hope this will add to this unique dining experience; but if you absolutely don’t want to appear on TV, this might not be the event for you.
This will be a very rare treat, indeed. This is not only a chance to experience another astounding experience at P17, but also to flaunt our appreciation for the cuisine, philosophy and group we love to an international audience.
Intrigued? I hope to see you there.
*I’m sorry to remain vague about the details of the show. This is by request of the production team and I respect their wishes.