addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Denver Atheists Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Help! I am desperate!

Help! I am desperate!

A former member
Post #: 9
Hello all,

I don’t know if this will work but I need help finding the "hidden" jobs that are supposed to be out there. I moved here to Denver from Anchorage, Alaska in September after retiring from the Alaska Air National Guard.

I was employed full time with the Guard for the last 15 years. I was unaware that to get a “real” job you need a group of friends, acquaintances or/and a network first and a good resume second. I don’t have any friends. Well, I do but they are in Alaska, which isn’t helping me here in Denver. What’s worse is that I don’t need a lot people around me so I don’t cultivate many new relationships. In turn, I suck at networking.

Also, I am a jack of all trades, master of none. My military background is in postal, graphic design, photography and journalism. For the last seven years, I managed my unit’s Public Affairs/Multimedia program. With that, what I am looking for is administrative type job - data entry, processing invoices or mailroom duties. I know it probably sounds boring to most people but I just want to make things neat and orderly.

So, if you know of a company that is hiring could you, please-please-pretty-please, send me a link to their employment page and I will do the rest. (wren in ak AT aol)

Oh, and here is my newly created WEBSITE that has my resume attached to it.

Thank-you!

-Shannon