THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS Message Board › New Meetup: Quarterly Event Planning Meeting - Wine and Cheese Gathering at

New Meetup: Quarterly Event Planning Meeting - Wine and Cheese Gathering at Lisa's House

This message board is read-only.

Lisa G.
DrLisaGriffiths
Aurora, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS!

What: Quarterly Event Planning Meeting - Wine and Cheese Gathering at Lisa's House

When: March 12, 2009 7:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: I would love for this group to have as many hikes, snowshoes, mountain bike events, climbs, backpacking trips, cross country skiing trips, ski or snowboard trips, hut trips, etc. to choose from as possible.

Since I cannot possibly lead or organize them all myself, as I do not nearly have that kind of time, I am calling out to you, the fabulous members of Denver Trail Heads to help with organizing events that you would like to go on. I would love for those of you who like to plan and/or lead day or overnight trips to be able to have a say in where you want to go, when, how many people, etc.

So, I am going to host a quarterly meeting at my house in which ppl can come to help plan events. This month will be a wine and cheese event so please bring your favorite bottle of wine, some great cheese, some fruit, and/or some other easy appetizer/finger food to be shared by all. I will provide crackers and soft drinks. Please indicate in your RSVP what you will be bringing. Thanks!

I have a bajillion hiking books for Colorado and beyond as well as mtn biking, camping, snowshoeing etc. for people to paruse and get ideas. I ask that you bring any books of your own that you love and most importantly, bring your calendar and enthusiasm! My hope is that a group of us can meet, look at our availability and fill the Denver Trail Heads calendar with awesome events to be shared by all. I really hope that some of you would like to lead and plan some trips.

Pete and Deb have been awesome about posting some events in the past few weeks since I started organizing the group. I was hoping to add a few more Assistant Organizers to help us out. If you think you would like to do that, please let me know and hopefully you can attend this event. I definitely want to find some people who love to plan and lead trips on a more regular basis.

Hope to see a nice group of you at my house for this event!

FYI: I am limiting it to 25 people since it is at my house. If you are on the wait list and really want to come, please just let me know. I am sure we can arrange something. I am just trying not to have 50+ people show up. :)

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­