THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS Message Board › New Meetup: 14er Trip to the San Juans, Part 2

New Meetup: 14er Trip to the San Juans, Part 2

This message board is read-only.

Frank
Frank_Casali_Jr.
Denver, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS!

What: 14er Trip to the San Juans, Part 2

When: August 5, 2009 7:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: I apologize in advance, but I am going to be rather selective on who is coming on this trip. These mountains are technical and dangerous. There have been deaths on these mountains. I am looking for up to 9 solid hiker/climbers that have done at least 10 14ers with experience on class 3 climbs. I promise to plan other events in the near future that will include more people. Thanks for your understanding.

The dates for this trip are pretty firm. I picked August, so as to guarantee the best weather for us and that the snow is mostly if not completely melted off these north-facing mountains. I will hold another happy hour a week before the trip to figure out carpooling and other details.

We will be hiking Wilson, Mt. Wilson, El Diente and Sneffels in the southwestern most mountains of Colorado.

The breakdown for this trip:
- 1 day drive to the range. I am thinking drive time is going to be around 6 hours to get to the range.
- 1 day to hike Mt. Wlison/El Diente.
- 1 day to hike Wilson Peak.
- 1 day to hike Sneffels
- 1 day(s) to go home.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­