THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS Message Board › New Meetup: Mayflower Gulch Snowshoe/Hike

New Meetup: Mayflower Gulch Snowshoe/Hike

This message board is read-only.

Greg W.
user 6917676
Group Organizer
Lone Tree, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS!

What: Mayflower Gulch Snowshoe/Hike

When: December 19, 2009 10:00 AM

Price: $1.00 per person

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Meet at the Carpool Location at 10AM

Snowshoe or Hike the Mayflower Gulch trail near Copper Mountain.

This short, easy two mile hike leads to the site of Old Boston Mine and some of the most spectacular scenery in the Tenmile range. Hike the road to the right of Mayflower Creek past occasional mining ruins to a clearing just below the mine site. Go left at the fork into the clearing to explore the ruins and the awesome views of Crystal, a mining ruin on the right with some low clouds and haze beginning to cover the mountains. Pacific, and Fletcher Mountains to the east and southeast.

Weather in Colorado is unpredictable, but sure to dress in layers and bring your Crampons/YakTrax along with your Snowshoes.

Trail Details

Distance: 4 Mile round trip
Difficulty: Easy - Beginners welcome
Elevation at trailhead: 11,000'
Elevation gain: 1,500'
Dogs: No

Carpool Location

Wooly Mammoth Lot, across from the Conoco, section BB. Exit 259 from I70 westbound. This is the Morrison Exit. Turn right onto Colfax, then make an immediate Left onto Mt Vernon Canyon Rd. Continue until you see the Conoco on the right, then enter the lot on the Left and look for my Red Saturn.

Meet at the carpool location at 10AM.

Carpool Location Link

Trail Head Location

Take I-70 west from Silverthorne to the Copper Mountain exit (exit 195). Take route 91 south toward Leadville for 5.8 miles. The parking lot for the Mayflower Gulch trailhead is on your left.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­