THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS Message Board › New Meetup: Tubing in Fraser

New Meetup: Tubing in Fraser

This message board is read-only.

Greg W.
user 6917676
Group Organizer
Lone Tree, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS!

What: Tubing in Fraser

When: December 20, 2009 10:00 AM

Price: $1.00 per person

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Leaving the Carpool Location at 10AM

Fraser Tubing Hill

About the only hiking you will do is from the bottom of the hill to the lift line, but getting to this trail head is a lot of fun!!! This is a great event for adults and children.

The tubing hill in Fraser, just 2 miles from downtown Winter Park, has been a perennial favorite for kids and adults alike, and is one of those “wacky” activities that cannot be missed during the winter season.

The tubing hill itself is a groomed, lighted hillside, “smooth and slippery”, with a convenient tube-tow lift system that attaches to the tube itself to transport you back up top the top. From there, you speed down the hill in a large inflated inner tube (supplied) with an adrenalin buzz that is guaranteed to put a huge smile on your face! Descend individually, in tandems, or group “clusters” where the speeds are the highest, and the run-outs the longest.

Cost

~ $20/hr Adults
~ $15/hr Children

Carpool Location

Wooly Mammoth Lot, across from the Conoco, section BB. Exit 259 from I70 westbound. This is the Morrison Exit. Turn right onto Colfax, then make an immediate Left onto Mt Vernon Canyon Rd. Continue until you see the Conoco on the right, then enter the lot on the Left and look for. Look for my Tan FJ Cruiser.

We will leave from here at 10AM, so arrive by 9:45AM.

Carpool Location Link

Trail Head Location

The Fraser tubing hill is located 1/2 mile behind the Alco shopping center. There are 2 tubing hills in this area. When you get to the fork in the road, go UP the hill to the left. This is the older and in my oponion, better, establishment. We should be at the hill around 11AM.

Link to Trail Head Location

Late Lunch/Early Dinner

Jenny's in Empire

Link to Jenny's

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­