Zen Planner is a fast-moving technology company based in Highlands Ranch, CO. We create the online member management system for your local gym, personal trainer, or martial arts school, and we help them take control of their business operations.
We're looking for a talented mid-level web application developer to help us build the next generation of our software platform. You'll work with a small, amazing team of people dedicated to fitness and active lifestyles. This is a full-time, on-site position at our headquarters in Highlands Ranch Town Center.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL...
- Create cutting-edge, user-friendly web apps that help small businesses to grow.
- Create consumer-facing websites that help people achieve their fitness goals.
- Streamline and simplify our UI to make Zen Planner even easier to use.
- Enhance existing applications built using CFML (Railo)
YOU MUST ...
- Have professional experience with HTML, ColdFusion, and SQL Server (3+ years)
- Have excellent communication skills, able to translate complex issues into English
- Have a desire to grow and expand your skills as a software developer
- Be a great team player attitude, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Be a fun person to work with, who is passionate about making your world better
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ...
- Have an interest in an active lifestyle or passion for fitness
- Understand Agile Software Development and Kanban boards
- Have experience building mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Have experience in usability design techniques and testing
- Have a college degree in Computer Science or related field of study
ZEN PLANNER IS AN AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Join a great group of dedicated people on a mission to create amazing technology
- Our team is in to cycling, CrossFit, martial arts, yoga, Zumba, and zombie races
- Gym membership at Back Country CrossFit
- Catered “Paleo” lunches for our monday staff meetings
- Family-friendly atmosphere (team members’ kids visit us frequently)
- Van Halen Room: XBOX, Halo 4, nerf guns, basketball hoop, ping-pong, & crayons
HOW TO GET THIS JOB:
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to [address removed]. In your cover letter, we're looking for the things that drive and excite you, and the mark that you want to leave on the world. We think this is more important than your resume, and will read this first. Please include answers to these three questions:
How does a small company beat a competitor who is 20 times their size?
What do you hate most about technology?
What is the best thing people could do to make our world a better place?
Please, no third parties, recruiters, or outsourcing companies -- your emails will be mocked then deleted.