addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Internet Mastermind Group Message Board › Starting out right & Sunday's class

Starting out right & Sunday's class

Anita
Anita_Edge
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
I'm getting some questions along the lines of, "I'm just getting started in Internet Marketing. Is this the right place for me to start? How do I tell?"

Good questions. More people should be asking this before starting out.

I wrote a 14-page ebook a few months ago to help out in this area, "The Right Internet Business for You: One Size Does Not Fit All" - and it is paired with a 75 question assessment to help you determine the right business model and training for you. You can download the ebook at http://lowhangingloot.com/rightbizforyou.aspx­. If you want to cut to the chase & just take the assessment, go to http://anitaedge.com/LHL/onesizesurvey.php­.

The assessment should take no more than 10 minutes, so don't wait. I'll try to get feedback to you within a half day.

Now about what we are covering on Sunday:

- Week 1 of AffiloBlueprint­ covers finding profitable niches, profitable products on Clickbank, and building your keyword lists.
- AffiloBlueprint is step-by-step training on buidling a review site for selling multiple Clickbank (mainly ebooks) products in the same niche.
- Week 1 does not get into the business model (a review site), so it is useful for anyone who wants to look at Clickbank for profitable products.

About starting out with a review site selling Clickbank products:

Pros:
- easy to determine which niches & products are profitable
- There are some very profitable products out there
- Some Clickbank products have top quality marketing materials
- The model (a review site) is one of the simplest and potentially most profitable. This is a good place for many people to start. This is a narrow business model and training program, meaning that the student is less likely to get overwhelmed by too much information compared to other training programs.
- Technical requirements are minimal. The kids are using a free Office Live account for hosting, because they don't need any more sophistication than that.
- If you are flexible as to which niches and products you focus on, you should be able to make money within a few months. Expect some trial and error and having to ramp up on your learning curve, though.
- A review site lends itself to article marketing (writing articles about the niche), meaning that low-cost, low-risk marketing is possible. Also marketing via social networks is viable.
- If you can spend at least 10 hours a week on AffiloBlueprint, you should be able to get through the entire 12-week program in about 8 weeks. Since there is a 60-day money back guarantee, there should be no risk. At a minimum, you should know if this approach is right for you long before that. You should see money coming in around week 8.

Cons:
- There is a lot of crap out there (probably true of any affiliate network)
- If you already have your heart set on one or just a few niches, you might find that there are no profitable products at all in those niches. It could be the niche is not profitable, or it's possible that no one has created a Clickbank product for it yet. It is more likely that the niche is not profitable.
- You may find only one viable product in the niche - yes, you can do a review site for one product, but AffiloBlueprint steers you toward 3+ products.
- Are you comfortable writing reviews? Or farming out review writing to a freelance writer? How about reviews in a niche you aren't familiar with? A review site is not the right business model for everyone.

A quick-and-dirty test - go to clickbank.com and click on marketplace, then search for products, looking for a gravity of 30 or more. If you have a few niches in mind, use those keywords. If you find some products in the niche with 30+ gravity, there is real promise.

If you don't find anything, that doesn't mean it's hopeless. I've searched Clickbank for a product that I know is there by product name, only to not find it. Their keyword search seems deficient.

Every so often, I get an email or phone call along these lines: "Does anyone really make money with Clickbank? I've bought a half dozen Clickbank products and they're all crap. How can you make money selling junk like that?"

Welcome to the real world. Probably 95% of the products on Clickbank are crap. We can't expect Clickbank to exercise quallity control on the products themselves. The super affiliates take the time to find the diamonds amongst all the crap. Then they focus just on the diamonds. But remember, most of your competition is lazy and untrained and just tries to sell the crap.

Examples: The World of Warcraft niche that my kid & his buddy are working on is golden - very profitable, lots of profitable products. Registry cleaners looks really, really profitable (computer techies, take note).

I'm not touching either one - I'm not comfortable with either niche, and I'm not the type to go after niches that are foreign to me. (Some people can do that - I can't) There are some web development and Internet marketing products that are profitable that I am selling.

I hope this is useful to some of you.

Email or call me with any questions. I've also posted this email on the message board.

Anita
303-316-8002