The Denver South Asian Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: Comedy Works Downtown at Larimer Square: Aziz Ansari

New Meetup: Comedy Works Downtown at Larimer Square: Aziz Ansari

Selena K.
Sklosowski
Denver, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for The Denver South Asian Meetup!

What: Comedy Works Downtown at Larimer Square: Aziz Ansari

When: February 19, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Comedy Works Larimer Square
1226 15th St
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 595-3637

Comedy Works Website

Hey guys,

Aziz Ansari is coming to Comedy Works Downtown on February 19 and 20. Below are the ticket prices and times he will be performing.

I think I might go to the Saturday 6:30pm showing but I am not sure yet. So I figured those of you who would like to go could let everyone one know which showing you are going to and meet up with that group.

Friday, Feb 19 08:00PM
Friday, Feb 19 10:00PM
Saturday, Feb 20 06:30PM
Saturday, Feb 20 08:30PM
Saturday, Feb 20 10:30PM
Ages: 21+
No Passes
2 item min. per person in showroom
$25.00

About Aziz Ansari
Aziz Ansari is poised for 2009 to be his breakout year with a new television series, a trio of films, and a headlining comedy tour. He will co-star opposite SNL’s Amy Poehler in the highly anticipated NBC Comedy Series, Parks & Recreation from producers and creators of The Office.

Ansari will soon be seen in a handful of features. He recently began production on Judd Apatow’s upcoming comedy Funny People opposite Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, and Jonah Hill and also has roles in I Love You, Man with Paul Rudd, and opposite Seth Rogen and Anna Faris in Observe and Report.

Ansari is best known for his role on MTV’s hit sketch comedy series, Human Giant. The series is based around comedy sketches performed by Ansari, along with Rob Huebel and Paul Scheer. Many of their sketches have become internet sensations and have popularized the trio with young people all across the US. Last year, Ansari also had a very memorable guest starring role on HBO’s Flight of the Conchords, in which he portrayed a racist fruit vendor. He will also be seen in a multi-episode arc on Scrubs, when it premieres on ABC in 2009.

Ansari recently completed his Glow in the Dark Comedy Standup Tour in which he crisscrossed the country performing his buzzed about stand-up act. In 2005, Rolling Stone named him their choice for Hot Standup on their annual Hot List, and he was also awarded the Jury Award for Best Standup at the US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen in 2006

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­