addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver Internet Group (formerly Denver SEMPO) Message Board › Google Analytics Training

Google Analytics Training

A former member
Post #: 3
Can anyone recommend a good Google Analytics Training class for an intermediate level user? I am now in a position where I need to utilize it 100% for my analytics tracking and I think I can get so much more data than what I am able to get now.

Thanks,

Kristen
A former member
Post #: 1
Can anyone recommend a good Google Analytics Training class for an intermediate level user? I am now in a position where I need to utilize it 100% for my analytics tracking and I think I can get so much more data than what I am able to get now.

Thanks,

Kristen

Lynda.com has a Google Analytics course. I haven't watched it yet, but it does say it is beginner level. I have always been impressed with Lynda.com.

I have also found that Google puts out really good documentation (and videos) for their products. So, you may want to try their home brew.

Patrick
Natalie H.
user 12322545
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Kristen -

Here is a link given by Google for a lot of major topics in Google Analytics

http://www.google.com...­

The biggest mistake I see with Analytics, even with season advertisers, is not having goal-tracking on the site. These are easy to setup in the goals tab, and one you are tracking conversions correctly, you will have a whole host of useful data at your finger tips.

If you are at an intermediate level, you are also at the point where you need to setup conversion funnels with those goals, so you can track if your site has the desired effect.

Honestly - once you've got it setup correctly, one of the best ways to learn analytics is diving in. One of the most compelling ways to get data out of analytics is go up to the right-hand corner for "advanced segments" & sort for just look at "visits with conversions" - you'll get a ton of data about your buying customer.

Hope that is helpful -

Thanks,

Natalie Henley