|A former member||
Our client is a world-class R&D center that values diversity, work life balance and the opportunity to tackle environmental challenges by developing technology solutions one car, home, building, or community at a time.
Contact me at: email@example.com
Expertise in the following areas is required:
• Programming and Scripting Languages
• Web Technologies and Techniques
o AJAX, RESTful services, CSS, DOM, jQuery, jQuery UI
• Document and Data Formats
o HTML, XML, JSON
• Applications and Servers
o Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, Memcached, MediaWiki
• Operating Systems
o TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, SSL
Additionally, experience in the following areas is preferred:
• Semantic Web Technologies
o SPARQL, RDF, RDFa, OWL, SKOS
• XML Technologies
o XSD, XPath
• Programming Languages and Technologies
o Java, Python, Perl
• Scalability Technologies and Techniques
o Load Balancing, MapReduce, Replication, Hadoop, Squid, Varnish
• Database Technologies and Techniques
o MySQL, PostgreSQL, Replication, Sharding
• Full-Text Search
o Lucene, Solr
• Applications and Servers
o Semantic MediaWiki, Drupal, Squid, Openlink Virtuoso
o RBAC, ACLs, XSS, SQL Injection, Unix Security, Firewalls, Public Key Cryptography, Principle of Least Privilege, Multifactor Authentication
o jUnit, JsUnit, HtmlUnit, HttpUnit, JMeter, Selenium
• Configuration Management
o Subversion, Ant, Maven, Makefiles, Hudson
• Virtualization and Cloud Computing
o EC2, S3, VMware, Xen
Description: This position requires strong programming and software development skills, knowledge and experience building large scale IT projects, experience with developing data requirements, data inputs, data outputs, backend system design, database development, ensuring proper security measures, ensuring proper documentation, etc. The successful candidate will have experience with all aspects of the product development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Position will work closely with other internal organizations and clients. Thorough code documentation is important and the successful candidate will be able to bring new technical ideas to the team and participate in solution decisions.
Strong communications skills are important in communicating with the team, outside clients, and the public. Position will be responsible for ensuring integrity of completed products by adhering to QC and QA standards. Must maintain exemplary attention to environmental safety and health issues.
• Working knowledge and experience with client/server environments and open-source software useful in creating interactive, web-based, geographic analysis tools.
• The ability to make user-friendly graphical user interfaces on all applications.
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and client service skills.
• Strong initiative and ability to research, learn, and apply new Internet tools and practices.
• Experience building online communities.
• Deliver a working Data Hub, expand the Data Hub based on discussions and requirements set by client, implement visualizations of the data.
Summary: This position will help develop the OpenEI platform, which is part of the client's Digital Assets Strategy. OpenEI serves energy data to the public with a focus on transparency, public participation, and collaboration. It is imperative that this candidate is intimately involved with and contributing to software development, programming, and day-to-day technical solutions. The majority of the job will involve programming responsibilities but some client interactions will also be required. The successful candidate will be an innovative software developer with a passion for implementing cutting edge technology solutions. This candidate should also be willing to work in a team environment, but have initiative to work independently.
Some tasks may include:
• Software development and programming
• Data integration with the semantic web
• Creating advanced searches and queries
• Basic system administration as required
• Interacting with clients to help determine requirements and deliver programming solutions to meet those requirements
• Integrating large-scale data sets
• Ensuring data quality standards are met
• Ensuring proper QA/QC is conducted
• Creating code documentation
Education: BA/BA in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with a minimum 3 years software development experience.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by User 16,135,091 on Oct 5, 2011 3:36 PM