addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Denver Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) Meetup Group Message Board › Welcome to the local Meetup message boards!

Welcome to the local Meetup message boards!

user 7.
This is the place to continue the conversation between monthly Meetups. Get to know your local Meetup community, ask questions, answer questions, talk about your last get-together--it's up to you.

We ask that you keep messages civil and relevant to your Meetup Group.

This message board is moderated by your group's Organizer. He or she can edit or delete posts. If you see problem messages--spam, advertising, threats, abuse, or off-topic posts--you can tell your Organizer by clicking the 'Contact me' link on the left side of this page.

Finally, try our general Meetup.com message board if you want to discuss the service with members of all of Meetup's 3,000+ topics.

We hope you, your family, your friends, and your community have great Meetups!
A former member
Post #: 1
Must say I'm thrilled to see someone try to revive this group. Where's everyone located? I'm thinking of places to get together. Atlanta Bread Company and Panera both offer free WiFi, which might be nice. And if everyone was interested in coming up to Brighton, I might be able to get permission from my IT Director to host the meetups in our training lab - a 12 station computer lab plus a station for a laptop to be plugged in to a projector.
A former member
Yea! I totally agree. I hope we take advantage of this opportunity to expand on our existing knowledge-base. As a PHP developer/engineer I'd be especially interested in learning more about design methodologies and best practices utilizing MVC type framework and PHP 5.x OO paradigm. Let's get this party rolling.....
John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 335
I'm happy to see this group starting up as well. I live and work near downtown, so naturally I think we should have our meetings somewhere in that area. :)

But we'll just have to see how things shake out.
A former member
I am more of a designer and just getting my feet wet here with PHP. It would be nice to learn and absorb some good information from the server-side/PHP gurus like yourselves. I live in the Highlands Ranch area and work in Englewood.
Leonardo De La R.
user 4027508
Denver, CO
Welcome everyone! I'm in the metro Denver area as well (Stapleton) but wouldn't mind traveling somewhere more central to meet with you all.

I too look forward to learning more about application design standards and OO based PHP development. I'd also love to learn more about the set-up of Apache and creating a solid web environment from start to finish.

I look forward to meeting you all!
A former member
Post #: 2
It looks like we're spread all over the metro area, from downtown to the extreme suburbs. Maybe a rolling location would serve us best? I'm still thinking we could make use of Panera or ABC restaurants and their free WiFi, as they're located all over the place.

I've done some PHP development myself, but am just now cracking into OO development with PHP5. My day job requires that I code in C# and VB.NET, and use MS SQL, but the ideas transfer well, and I've been writing OO code since before Java existed, so I'm happy to help where I can.
A former member
I'm just getting my feet wet with LAMP development, and love the environment. I run Linux on 4.5 of my computers.

I live near RR Community college, but work near downtown. I

like the idea of having several set locations...however depending on the format of this meetup, we might have several constraints:

Is it presentation style where someone expands on some idea/technique they have come across?
-- we will need wifi/projector or computer lab type setting, such as libraries etc.

Will it be "study buddy" in function?
It would be more distributed to small groups, the lab and projector will not be needed, and Panera or ABC restaurants will be a perfect setting.

We should set something up for July.
A former member
Post #: 56
helu,

I'm in South Denver (close to Broadway & Littleton Blvd).

I think downtown Denver is a pretty good location. It's fairly central to most people, and if you get drunk you can ride the light rail ;)
A former member
One thing that might be a factor in choice of venue is what kind of meetups do we want to have? Something very informal where we just bring different ideas/events/bugs/idiocies and create chaos in a restaurant? Something where we ask someone to do a standup presentation and then host a Q&A after? Some of both?

Since we seem to have all different levels of interest here it might be wise to go with maybe a once-a-month formalized, planned with a projector type meeting ... and then maybe another more informal get together where we just talk about the stupid lines of code we've read or written ...

I can't say anything about location yet as I have not started my relocation back to Denver yet but I am thinking of being near Washington Park so I would vote for downtown maybe LoDo or such ...

But I am happy to see things get started and will definitely make a nuisance of myself before the year is out :)