addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 4
So... is there going to be another meetup, or was this just a one time deal?

Personally I'd really like to meet once monthly ( though Friday's really aren't the greatest day for me ). I've been trying to organize a meetup on my own, but finding a facility has always been the major issue. I know there has been some interest by folks up on the Boulder area as well, perhaps there could be two meetups a month once for the Metro Denver area and one for the northern neighbors. But again, a meeting place is needed!

Topics:

• The EOL of PHP4, what does it mean to you?
  • Linux - Does the kernel matter
  • MySQL - What's new in 5.1?
  • Apache 1.3? 2.0? 2.2? Fork or Thread, which works best for you?

Let's try and keep the ball in motion!

.r
John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 346
I'm interested in more meetings as well - I just got a job working in *AMP!
A former member
Since we're all so responsive on putting together something organized, how about doing something a little more spontaneous?

What about meeting at a place with a patio and some drinks? We can discuss the latest server meltdown, or the frustration with the most recent *AMP install ... Networking works for people too :) (and no, I am not a recruiter or looking to be recruited, just too damn friendly for my own good)
A former member
I'm down with that....we are already at mid-august and no imminent signs of a next meetup.

If we meet at a patio, however, I suggest we meet earlier in the week or say a mid saturday afternoon.
A former member
Post #: 5
Yes, to make sure we get enough room I'd agree to the early in the week ... Saturday afternoon usually has some family conflict that would get me disowned if I missed it ...

Next Tuesday evening? maybe start around 7:30pm? somewhere we can snack for dinner or so?
A former member
Post #: 6
Well, it's Tuesday and there has been no response ... so I guess there's not enough interest this time around ...
Rodger B.
user 4672480
Longmont, CO
Post #: 1
I am new to Linux. If possible would love to get together with someone to learn share experience. This could be someone more experienced or someone like me trying to learn. I have basement space to work and equipment. I have worked in I/t for years and worked some with Linux but have a lot to learn. I live in Johnstown (between Berthoud and Loveland exit off of I-25 towards Ft Collins.) My email is Rodger@rodgerbruce.com Thnx Rodger