Announcing a new event for New to Colorado Outdoor Club!
What: Rafting and Royal Gorge Bridge
When: Saturday, June 30, 9:00 AM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Event Description: Marc and I (newly appointed assistant organizers) are planning to go to Canon City to experience the Royal Gorge Bridge, which is the highest suspension bridge in the world & go white water rafting the weekend of June 29-July 1. We would like to invite anyone interested to join us for one or both days. We're thinking we'll go rafting on that Saturday and then to the Royal Gorge Bridge on Sunday. There's also an Italian restaurant called Merlino's Belvidere that our guidebook boasts as Southern CO's best Italian food.
1. Best Western (accepts pets)- $79/nt. (1925 Fremont Drive, Canon City, CO 81212)
2. Rafting- $46/person for 1/2 day (intermediate Bighorn Sheep Canyon is the trip we're considering; we've never rafted before & no experience is required for this trip)
3. Royal Gorge "daily passport"- $21/adult (age 12-adult) - includes tram ride, train ride, wildlife park, & theatre (This seems to be the only way into the park.)
For More Info.:
1. Motel- Google- Best Western
2. Rafting- http://whitewater.net
(this is the website for RiverRunners), [masked]
3. Royal Gorge Bridge- www.royalgorgebridge.com
Another weekend that could work for us is June 22-24. So, let us know (by June 3 if possible) if you are interested and have a weekend preference. Rafting is best in June so we are only looking at these two weekends (that we are available).
Regarding transportation, Marc and I can take one person (who doesn't mind sharing the back seat with our incredibly affectionate dog, Tofu). We plan on heading to Canon City on Friday to stay overnight in the motel & drive back to Denver on Sunday. I am also hoping that other members can offer to carpool as well since Canon City is 2 hours south of Denver. And since it is "only" a 4 hour round trip, it is possible to make either of these events a day trip.
Looking forward to this memorable weekend.
Learn more here:http://hiking.meetup.com/154/calendar/5827144/