addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Metro Drop-in Volleyball Meetup Group Message Board › Sand & grass volleyball areas in metro Denver.

Sand & grass volleyball areas in metro Denver.

Da-Vi'do キティ・ホワイト ...
user 6786208
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 17
Please list any areas that I miss, the more info the better. This is a list in progress.Some listing are listed twice as I am still edited this list.

One sand court at Elyria Johnson Park in the triangle formed by York, I-70, and Brighton Blvd. in north central Denver. Grass area and play ground also available in park. .

Lakewood Park just north of Alameda on Kipling. Four courts. Usually are taken by leagues on weeknights in the summer by volleyballconnections. Can be reserved through city of Lakewood for a fee.

Garland Park in southeast Denver east of Holly and Cherry Creek Drive North. 4 sand courts. I have been told the sand is coarse but there is no leagues that currently lease these courts.

Clement Park east of Wadsworth on Bowles. Two sand courts. Usually no one playing there, except occasional picnickers. Lots of room for grass courts, but not right next to the sand courts.

City of Glendale, (303) 639-4711 has two sand courts in south east metro area east of Colorado blvd., north of Cherry Creek. South Clermont and East Virginia Ave.

Secrest Park in Arvada at Pierce and 66th in northwest metro Denver. One sand court, no net and broken ratchet. Some groups play drop-in during the summer.

Washington Park SE Denver, Downing and Kentucky, Grass. "Grass Volleyball central" for the entire state of Colorado. There is more volleyball going on at this park than the whole rest of the state 7 days a week in the summer, and at least one day a month, even in the winter.

Arapahoe Park SW Denver, Broncos Pkwy @ S Potomac, 4 sand courts

Inverness 8 SW Denver, I-25 @ Inverness, 8 sand courts

Lakewood Park West Denver, Kipling @ 1st Ave, 4 sand courts. West courts have stickers in the grass nearby. Kids keep tearing the nets up with their parents watching them do it. Sand courts are not being used for leagues till summer time.

Morse Park West Denver, West 20th, 2 sand courts, NW Corner. Somewhat crowded area.

Eastridge Rec Cntr South Denver, 9568 South University, 2 sand courts

The Cage North Denver, 8600 North Pecos, 1 sand court

Oakhurst Park Westminster, 1 sand court plays here during the summer.there isn't much room here for nets or parking if any other large group is there. Midget football is sometimes taking up about half of the grass. The sand court net is terrible and is right next to a bike path and a canal with mud and weeds to fight if U have to chase a ball.

East Boulder Rec Boulder, 5660 Sioux Drive, Boulder, 4 sand courts

Ball Aerospace Boulder, 48th and Arapahoe, 4 great courts, North Side ( this is only for Ball employees)

Lutz Complex NW Denver/Arvada, 58th and Kipling, Grass

Youth Memorial NW Denver/Arvada, 76th and Alkire, Grass

Golden Beach Court Golden, Colorado, Water and 10th, 1 Sand Court

CSU Beach Courts Fort Collins, North of University, West of Meridian

Roland Moore Beach Fort Collins, 4 sand courts

Near Ralston RD and Garrison in Arvada. Two courts no nets.

On sand court near Arbutus and I-70( in Golden or Wheat Ridge?) With lots of grass nearby if needed for grass volleyball.

Englewood Rec Center Englewood, 1155 W. Oxford, 80110 worst courts on the planet, when I checked June 2011. In back of recreation center with trash cans.(Actually the second worst courts, the worst are in Grand Lake next to the lake in town.)

Two sand courts with nets at Tony Grampsas Park in Golden (4471 Salvia St.) that are in OK shape. The nets are drooping.