addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board Technology › RFC: Denver PHP association

RFC: Denver PHP association

David
DaveJW
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
I've been thinking of doing something like a PHP programmers association for Denver/Colorado, it would be just a website to provide a link between local clients and programmers along the lines of something like RentaCoder. Very basic stuff, a listing of resume's/portfolio's, the ability for clients and contractee's to comment on members abilities and satisfaction or disatisfaction. Maybe knock it up a notch and make it a real non-profit with membership dues that go for keeping a attorney on retainer to provide contracts and assist in mediation, maybe co-partner with a certification service to make people's resume's look better to prospective employeers.

I'll bring it up at the meeting next month, but I'd like to make it as translucent as possible to members...so everyone knows what's going on, where their due's are going and can decide how much they want to get involved. And like all non-profits, membership dues not used at the end of the fiscal year could be dumped into some sort of exclusive member appreciation party or a local charity counting on vote.

-David W.
John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 233
That's an interesting idea. There's a denver PHP mailing list at php@coloradophp.org - I think you can subscribe at php-subscribe@coloradophp.org. Folks on that list might be interested as well.
David
DaveJW
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Thanks for the link, finally got around to subscribing to it, so far it seems like a ghost town.
Dave B.
user 2672605
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Information about open source software experience would also be helpful.
Greg K.
Greg-Knaddison
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
It's a relatively quiet group, but I think it's helpful over all and is at least currently growing in both members and activity.

For Dave Bean - If you are interested in "open source" in general, I'd go for CLUE Denver - Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts which is specifically about Linux, but they tolerate most any open source discussion - especially if it relates to UNIX in some way, or if you post to the clue-talk group.
John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 240
Thanks for the link, finally got around to subscribing to it, so far it seems like a ghost town.

It does get quiet between people requesting suggestions or help, that's true. But there are people there and some of them do reply to questions or comments on the mailing list.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone,

I downloaded code from: http://www.inventory-...­ but it is not working and my knowledge is not enough to get it running and customize it to what is needed.

I would like to know:
1. anyone out there willing to help get the code working
2. customize it so inventory can be tracked for a small independent rug company

How much would something like this cost? and Is anyone available to do this before the end of the summer into early fall?

Thanks,
Richard.