addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board Technology › PHP and security

PHP and security

A former member
Post #: 9
While I'm no longer a great lover of PHP (my Red Pill leanings having surfaced a few years ago), it's a little disturbing to read that someone who is so involved with PHP security issues is essentially throwing in the towel when it comes to convincing the PHP core group to address those issues.

We're all grown up enough to know that no language is without it's security flaws, but it's disheartening to find out that application security may not be that big of an issue for one of the most popular and widely-used languages on the net.
A former member
Post #: 234
That is scary. Considering the number of applications that are running on not only my website, but a lot of others. No matter the holes you think you have plugged, the core of the language may be inherently flawed.

No language is perfect by any means, but to jsut ignore found holes is really bad.
John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 274
While I'm no longer a great lover of PHP (my Red Pill leanings having surfaced a few years ago), it's a little disturbing to read that someone who is so involved with PHP security issues is essentially throwing in the towel when it comes to convincing the PHP core group to address those issues.

Hmm. It's a little confusing - at first I thought you were upset at Mr. Esser, but now it sounds like maybe you're more upset at this core group? I'm not too much in touch with PHP security problems that underly the language - I suppose that's something I should look into.
A former member
Post #: 10
Sorry, perhaps I should have been a bit more clear smile I'm not upset at Mr. Esser for his rant, rather I'm a bit concerned that the PHP core group may not be as security focused as the typical developer would expect. Of course, Mr. Esser's statement is only one voice among many, and so his views may be incorrect, but I felt that those people who are currently developing in PHP might want to be aware of this issue when designing their apps.