The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board › Opportunities › PHP geeks seeking kindred spirits - Longmont, CO - Full time
|A former member||
Seeking: Low maintenance, high performing, mellow PHP geek to join our existing team of web developers. Must have a knack for solving complex programming puzzles, a positive customer service mentality, and enjoy continual learning in an insanely progressive work environment.
Give yourself a $1,000 referral bonus! Zing Studios needs solid PHP/MySQL developers, and you need an employer who puts developers first.
- Be involved. Feel the satisfaction of working directly with clients (like Google, NASA, a ton of natural foods companies, and a whole lot of others) on the entire project, not just one piece.
- We're pretty picky about our new hires, but if you make it to our final interview round for a chat with our full team, you'll walk out with a brand new Google Nexus 7 tablet. It's just our way of saying "thanks".
- Start your new job off right with a $500 furniture budget for your office space (deck it out as you please).
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get back to you (either way) within 24 hours.
- Want big dual monitors for your office AND home? Done. After all, you'll be working from home on Fridays.
- Share the wealth with semi-annual bonuses.
- Semi-annual performance reviews (and raises) bring cheer twice each year.
- Hang out with the team at our company-sponsored dinners, trips, and parties.
- Weekly paid lunches, yum!
- Not a morning person? We have flex time to fit your schedule.
- Relax a bit in our casual work environment (predominantly barefoot).
- Choose your own desktop environment, IDE, and support software-- we want you to be effective as you're coding, not boxed into some corporate setup.
- $1,000 signing bonus if you "refer" yourself! That wasn't hard.
- Relocation assistance for senior candidates.
Benefits at Zing are pretty sweet - choose your own health and dental plan, and a flex plan if you'd like it. We'll cover your home internet and smartphone bill. PLUS everyone gets 10% on top of their salary as a SEP-IRA retirement package (no match required!).
Zing Studios is a web consulting company located in Longmont, CO, just north of Boulder. We specialize in database-driven web sites: content management systems, intranets, and business software integration. Our clients are nationwide and represent many industries including consumer products, natural foods, bands and music, real estate, pharmaceutical, and technology firms. We are looking for a local full-time developer to add to our programming team.
Candidates must have the following skills:
* 2-3 years PHP programming experience (including OO)
* 2-3 years database experience, preferably with MySQL
* Good customer relations skills (i.e., explain technical topics to non-techs)
Additional skills that will be beneficial but are not required:
* Image manipulation (i.e., converting Photoshop files to web graphics)
* Familiarity with a Linux server environment
* Familiarity with Apache web server administration
* Familiarity with a command-line interface (e.g., Bash)
* Familiarity with Drupal CMS
* Familiarity with Wordpress blogging software
* Familiarity with source code control tools, particularly SVN and Git
* Ping pong
-- Zing Studios, the best company you've never heard of.