Your mom raised you to be a leader, but instead you became a developer. That's OK, there's plenty of ways to be a leader in software. You just have to work really hard, be the best, and prove it constantly. Now that you've done this, let's chat a bit.
We need a JS expert. Someone who has watched all those JS videos on YouTube from the original developers, someone who understands that closures have their place and sometimes there are better ways to shuffle data around than an array. Not only do you have OO experience but you know how to build a proper JS object and you might even think that the jQuery guys could do better in some places. Hell, you might even have made suggestions to jQuery core that have been implemented. We're looking for someone who's plugins are better than everyone else's and who's code makes browser developers cry because it's so good. Maybe even someone who has the ability to rewrite something like jQuery or MooTools from scratch if they got bored (not that they would, but that they could).
Who this job is not for:
* Someone who only uses JQuery, MooTools or Prototype/Scriptaculous
* Someone who has only worked in WordPress
* A management type
Who this job is for:
* A developer who likes to solve problems with JS
* Someone who understands the pitfalls of using specific plugins or frameworks and how to work around them or fix them
Extra super bonus stars for:
* Being ridiculous about JS
* Knowledge of require.js, handlebar.js, node.js
* SQL knowledge - do you know how outer joins work?
* Ability to be a leader on a team without the need to manage the team - speak up, speak out, but get [stuff] done
Shoot your resume over to matt at technicalintegrity dot com with a link to your favorite JS library, a description of why it's your favorite, and two ways that it could be improved or two things you have done to improve it. If you've got JS libraries/frameworks/code that you've shared open source style or on GitHub, send that link too.
You can find out more about the Technical Integrity team on our site and how we give back to the developer community and to non-profits, nationwide. You should also look at out blog so you can check out our other silly job descriptions.
If you like what we're throwing down, hit us up and tell us! Thanks again for reading our job description, we hope you like it and oh- we really appreciate your time.