The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board › Opportunities › Senior Java Developers - Louisville, CO
Life in the middle tier is tough but the challenge is worth it. You do so many things that people get confused and can't really classify you. You're great at the front end work with HTML, CSS, and jQuery is actually fun. You also love to get in and mix it up with JBOSS, Spring, and Hibernate. MySQL isn't even a concern, because you've worked with it for years.
We're hoping that description above is you and possibly a friend too. We have two positions open with the same company doing exactly what we described above.
The job entails being a 100% coder, you will be writing code, fixing code, and helping to build out new features on a complicated-many-piece platform.
You MUST have these skills/experience:
* Previously worked in SaaS previously and understand the restrictions that come from having a distributed system that is not fully in your data center.
* Agile - you have to be fully committed to the agile method for your job
* JBOSS, Spring, Hibernate
* Ability and willingness to work throughout the entire application stack - web front end and Java backend
* Ability to write and consume RESTful and SOAP APIs (yes, both)
* Unit Testing - Ant, JUnit
* Ability to communicate clearly and work in a highly collaborative work place
If you have these skills as well, it will help you significantly
* Video Streaming
* Mobile - Android or iOS or both
* Committed to the Open Source Community - bonus points for providing an active github account
* Multithreading and Concurrency experience
Types of projects you'll work on:
* Building distributed systems and applications
* Building and Consuming APIs
* Solving tough development problems related to SaaS
* Potential for being a mentor to a more junior developer
If you're interested in finding out more about this job, please contact matt at technicalintegrity dot com with your resume and information about why you feel that this job is a good fit for you.