The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board › Opportunities › Web Applications Developer needed in Broomfield, CO
|A former member||
UnitedHealth Group has a full-time opportunity for Web Applications Developer in Broomfield, CO.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Employees in this position are predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
• Design, code, testing, debug, document and support all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
• Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
• Contribute to Development team and help to achieve key business objectives
• Contribute to large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
• Collaborate with the team on Application Architecture design and decision-making
• Design and implement Application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
• Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
• Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
• Develop high-quality, production-ready, and standards-compliant Web Presentation code
• Develop code that is cross-browser and UI-compatible, and troubleshoot associated issues
• Participate as a member of a team developing state-of-the-art Consumer Web applications
• Deliver rich User interfaces, in accordance to design specifications, style guides, and established usability standards
• Work with the Platform Development Team to effectively integrate the Presentation tier with the Application and Resource tiers via RESTFul APIs
• Maintain cutting-edge knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and standards, browser capabilities, compatibility issues, standards compliance, and accessibility issues
• Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
• Work with less structured, more complex issues
• Serve as a resource to others
• Bachelor's Degree OR a High School Diploma/GED with 2+ years of equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience with SQL, with the ability to create complex queries, including Table Joins and Transaction Management
• 1+ year of experience with a combination of the following technologies: Java, Flex, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SQL, MySQL, and/or JBoss
• 1+ year of experience Processing Batch Data sets
• Experience with Mongo a No SQL database is a plus
• Experience Developing in a Linux environment
• Technical experience in one or more aspects of Information Systems Development and/or Business Information Systems area
• Understanding of Distributed Technologies and Architecture
• Proficiency in Computer software, including Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
• Ability to Manage Relationships across the enterprise, including Managing expectations with business customers and Leadership from project initiation to execution
• Healthcare knowledge and experience
• Development experience associated with New and Emerging business
To apply, please click on http://careers.united... or visit our careers site at http://careers.united... and enter Job# 555004 (numeric only) in the search box.
No 3rd party candidates will be considered.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.