add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board The Denver Web Technologies Group discussion › Request for a time or day change.

Request for a time or day change.

A former member
Post #: 15
Received this in an email this evening:

I would still like to attend but later is always better for me like after 7:30pm or even on the weekends

So what does everyone think? Feel like bumping it back a half hour or moving the day at all?

The venue closes at 9 remember, and we usually stay there until close. There may not be any need for change, but feedback would be appreciated.

So to those that do think they are missing it, go ahead an show up anyway. We will be glad to have you.

-- Al "Zarabadoo" Steffen
Nelson G.
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
I think that with Bohemian Bean closing at 9 (how bohemian are these guys anyway!) to start later than 7 is probably not going to work. I've never noticed a problem with arriving late to the meetups myself - the conversations tend to ebb and flow and new topics crop up regularly.

So I think: come when you can, leave when you must.

A place that closes later might work as well, but I'd be reluctant to move day or time without it being a big issue for several people.
A former member
Post #: 40
i was there last night to meet someone, and i think they are back to 10 again. apparently there were some personal issues the management had to deal with.

but i would be hesitant to move the time myself. like you said, it is already running late by the time the meetup is over. also, taking in to the consideration the crew usually isn't there in full until at least 7:30, it isn't probably a bit deal to leave it as is.