align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi, everyone, my name is Becky and I am a newbie. I'll tell you my story if your interested, I have been lost for a long time, I grew up as a JW and it felt very wrong almost evil I left when I was seventeen. I have been searching over the last ten years for a path or religion or something. I have tried being a Buddhist, but I really don't fit. I tried being an atheist but I believe that there is something. I have been very negative for a long time and now I believe that I am paying for it. I was at a all time low and decided to pray not to anyone in particular, what I prayed to anyone who would listen "help me find my path, help me find what I'm supposed to do with my life". A friend posted the "Witch's Nook" on FB I took a look at it and it really hit home, everything that I believe in, everything I feel, it was there, it was refreshing eye opening and positive. I searched online for witches in Colorado and found this page. I have thought in the past that the world was ugly and hateful. I have realized that I was the one that has been ugly and hateful. I decided yesterday that I'm going to send out only positive energy from now on, hopefully I can be forgiven for all the negative energy that I put out before. I hope that I can be a be a part of this family.
A former member
Post #: 15
Becky,
Welcome to YOUR truth! You'll find that your path to paganism isn't that different from that of a lot of us. Yes, your 'rocks & brambles' that obscured yours, & that caused you to stumble & fall are, of course, uniquely your own; but most of us had to work to find our paths.

There are Several groups here in the Denver Metro area. Please, feel free to visit with as many as you'd like until you find one that feels 'Right' for you.

As for being 'Forgiven' for the negative energy that you had to work through before - the ONLY ONE that needs to forgive you, IS YOU! Be gentle with yourself, you were 'Lost & Afraid', so of course you had negativity flowing from your spirit.
Oh, & by the way, you might still have 'Off' days, where you still have negative energy. Don't fight it, rather - acknowledge it, look at where within yourself it's coming from, then just let it go - don't feed it by being angry with yourself, by just letting it go it will starve & die, leaving more room for your beautiful self to flourish!

Know that you are welcome & loved by the rest of the pagan community; & we wish only the best for you!

In Service of the Dream
Blessed Be
Laura M. Wade-Dahlberg

Handicapped@Beltania.org
DWade3@PCISys.net
Cell: 303-819-3514

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume.
A people willing to exchange freedom for security shall receive neither. - Benjamin Franklin.
There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of law and in the name of justice. - Montesquieu, 1742.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson.

Greyhart
Greyhart
Group Organizer
Westminster, CO
Post #: 25
Hi Becky,

It sounds as though you may have found your Path. Or at least one close to yours. Witches don't believe that we need to be forgiven, or saved, or whatever. You put out negative energy, and you've probably paid a price for that. In that price you learned a lesson, and that is the point. Having learned the lesson, you should never have to go through it again because you now know better.

A big part of the topics I have been putting out has been how to live your Craft, and reach your full potential. Reaching your full potential after all should be the basis for any spiritual Path. Becoming a better you, and learning how to make your life what you want it to be is usually not taught, or if it is, it's done so as a more advanced class. I believe that living your life to the fullest, and being happy with who and where you are in life is the important part of spirituality. Anyone can learn the mechanics of ritual, or what and when the holidays are. Learning to be the person that makes you happy, is more difficult, but much more satisfying.

Greyhart
A former member
Post #: 3
thanks for the feed back, I hear you on not letting the bad thing control our life's. is it appropriate to end with blessed be! I keep seeing that every were. thanks
Greyhart
Greyhart
Group Organizer
Westminster, CO
Post #: 26
The idea is for you to be the only thing that controls your life.

Blessed Be is appropriate. You can also simply use BB for written communication. It's a standard blessing that Witches and Wiccans use.
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks BB
Samantha (Altaira)...
user 55160272
Broomfield, CO
Post #: 4
Marry Meet Becky & Welcomebiggrin You have already taken your first step in finding your path just by admitting & accepting that you were the reason for your own sadness (negativity I hate this word) & now that you have done that & made a clear honest choice with in your self to be a better person alone. Your whole life it self will turn around. I speak from my own path that I walk & still continue to walk everyday. It is a never ending proses. & I believe you have hooked up with a huge wonderful group of people that will help you along your path in changing who you are. As I learned & still am, we all still stumble & fall. & these grate people you are about to join will always, stop, bend down & help you up & get you back on your chosen path.
I grateful you have found us. Again, Welcome & Blessings Samm aka Altaira
A former member
Post #: 5
all ready I'm inspired thanks for welcoming me. I'm reading books on Wicca and witch's lots of info. bb
puffin
user 8873219
Denver, CO
Post #: 73
hi, becky, nice to meet you! I'm glad you found us and are finding yourself, it is very exciting!
I hope things have been progressing as well as they started for you, and as Laura says there are always days we deal with "old stuff" but I'm excited for you on your journey.
I'm into buddhism, too, and would love to talk with you about that, and how it fits, or can, anytime you like.
Have fun and good luck, and "blessed be" is common but use any signature you like - I told the Nintendo customer service rep "Zelda be with you" the other day and he said it back, but I like "have fun" or "paws up" or "love forever" or whatever pops into mind at the time.
Blessed Be!