When it's February, this group is all about the shorts - Oscar ones that is. Shorts are films that are less than 70 minutes in length, although usually these run 5-10 minutes a piece. They are from all over the world, encompass many subjects, and for the animation, many styles of animation.
We will meet at 12:15 for the 1pm show. That is because this event is hugely popular and we will need to be seated by 12:30. Here are some tips for those of you who've not attended before:
- Follow the link above to buy your ticket in advance. They will sell out.
- Plan to be attempting to park at 11:45 or noon. It will be busy.
- Do not park underneath the DIA, for if the garage is still open is owned by the city and closes at 5.
- The slate of movies (short live action and short animated) can be found here:
- This is a long event so dress in layers, and know you can leave after the animated ones, during intermission. I expect it will run 3-4 hours. But it's fun!
- We will sit as close as we can to our usual spot - main floor, waaay back, center.
We probably won't go out after, because it is a long event. But for those of us who stay all the way through, we can discuss that afterwards.
I really do recommend you see these if you get a chance, either with us or on your own.