The Upper Manhattan Democracy for America/DFNYC Meetup Group Message Board › Andreas invites you to the new unified Civil Rights Meetup & great discu

Andreas invites you to the new unified Civil Rights Meetup & great discussion group

A former member
Post #: 71
I'm Andreas, a member of the Upper Manhattan Democracy for America Meetup and thought many might find my new group of interest.

Some are saying Civil Rights & Civil Liberties aren't worth working for or discussing. Is that what you think?
--> If you think that if they had lost have their First Amendment right to free speech you wouldn't have to listen to such garbage then read on!

NYC Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Meetup
­
[note: we do not work for NYCLU, but partner with them and others]

Why the heck did I start a unified NYC Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Meetup?
  • I wanted to be part of a vibrant Civil Rights & Liberties group, but not much seemed to be happening with any of them.
  • I got an invite from the NYCLU to their brand new discussion group last month and ... the NYCLU discussion group was GREAT! We sat with the head of the NYCLU + about 29 other concerned people and enjoyed a lively discussion on a topic they are working on *right now*.
  • I said, "Others must know about this!" and thought it would serve as a great starter for a broader set of events, work, and advocacy.
  • I worked with the NYCLU and the previous Civil Rights groups to combine efforts

Together we've made a new, more dynamic, and stronger unified NYC Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Meetup that people want to belong to.

We'll actually meet, meet with many interested people, do interesting things when we meet, and make change happen.... If we all simply join in.

Please come join the new group and come for this Tuesday's FIRST MEETUP and discussion group (so far ~33 people anticipated to attend). Below are the details or just GO FOR IT ... GO FOR CIVIL RIGHTS!

So are Civil Rights & Civil Liberties worth it to you? :)
Are you going to come? Come to one meeting and if you don't
like it you can tell us how to fix it, fix it yourself, or just
enjoy the rest of your evening.

Our next meeting is at the NYCLU headquarters in downtown
Manhattan.
Tuesday, Oct 2, 2007, 6:45 PM
JOIN and rsvp for the full details.

So join in and help this new group grow!
Andreas & Timothy (prev NY Civil Rights meetup organizer)
­ ­
[note: we do not work for NYCLU, but partner with them and others]

More group details:
NYC Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Meetup
A dynamic unified Civil Rights & Civil Liberties meetup for NYC You'll meet with local people who value Civil Rights & Civil Liberties. Together we will advance justice, fairness, and equal opportunity for all. All that and get to know other good people who enjoy doing the same!

We are working with local, national, & international groups to make a difference and form community for people who care.

- our partner & host of this discussion series
We work in partnership in some of our efforts with the great NYCLU, the NY affiliate of the ACLU, and hold some of our meetings with their events for everyone's benefit. We also hope to work closely with other appropriate organizations. Timothy and Ari (NYCLU) are consolidating their groups into this one and we'll work together to make this active and great!