align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › A great tool for organizing local Dean supporters

A great tool for organizing local Dean supporters

A former member
Post #: 9
Please go to the following web site, type in your zip code, and find out who in your neighborhood contributed to the various presidential candidates:

http://www.fundrace.o...­

This is a ready-made list to help us identify Dean supporters in each neighborhood who might be willing to come to the individual AD meetings, or run as a Democratic Committee person. Let's try to get these folks involved again at a critical time.

Jim Wade
Pam H.
pkhoye
San Diego, CA
Post #: 5
What an interesting site, Jim.

Most folks in my zip gave to Democrates or to the DNC; several to Howard Dean.

But I am sad to see the fiscal "prejudice". We who contributed under $100 "do not count" (merit mention), yet these are among the very folks Dean inspired, and continues to inspire.

There is something very wrong with a system that puts money before all. In taking back America, this must change.
A former member
Post #: 10
But I am sad to see the fiscal "prejudice". We who contributed under $100 "do not count" (merit mention), yet these are among the very folks Dean inspired, and continues to inspire.

Pam,

I don't think there is fiscal prejudice at work here--in my zip code (92102), for instance, there are several people listed under $100. I cannot be sure, obviously, if everyone's contributions were tallied properly in every zip code, or how updated this site is, but I have seen a number of sub=$100 contributors listed on this site. See you Wednesday.

Jim
Pam H.
pkhoye
San Diego, CA
Post #: 6
Hmm, Then the source data collection methods are ???

I always gave online, where all the "legal info" is required to even accept the donation. Gave very small donations to Dean, DNc, Kerry.

So where are they getting their incomplete data? Missing the online crowd?

Interesting to ponder. ;)

Pam

Pam,

I don't think there is fiscal prejudice at work here--in my zip code (92102), for instance, there are several people listed under $100. I cannot be sure, obviously, if everyone's contributions were tallied properly in every zip code, or how updated this site is, but I have seen a number of sub=$100 contributors listed on this site. See you Wednesday.

Jim

A former member
Post #: 1
I think the source of the list that Jim Wade has referred to is the Federal Elections Commission. They are required to list donors of $200 or more per candidate. And I believe that donations of less than $200 appear when the aggregate reaches $200. The list is meant to help watchdogs, but is a ready source for uses such as that suggested by Jim. I understand that it is illegal for candidates to use it for solicitations.

Mike Lawrence