addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › DFA should support Schwarzenegger's Redistricting plan

DFA should support Schwarzenegger's Redistricting plan

A former member
Post #: 13
Dear Bruce,
Please clarify your message to me; am not sure what you are saying other than, "I look for a Bernie Sanders."
I took that to mean, an independent man.

Are you for redistricting or not for it? Please elaborate. Thanks.

cool
A former member
Post #: 101
Hi Margaret; succinctly, redistricting 'should' be taken out of the professional politico's hands(short comment: founding fathers were deadset against 'professional politicians') BUT is WAY down my list of what needs to be addressed concerning the political process.
As far as I'm concerned, the current hoopla is 'dirt in the air' by the Corporate party Blue and Red leagues that diverts attention away from more important issues such as electronic voting and voter dis-enfranchisement, media manipulation of citizen's awareness of issues and knowledge regarding such issues,Iraq the disaster, the whole thrust of the Republican Party to overturn the last 70 years of social progress(e.g. "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little."-FDR).

And yes, Bernie is an independent and an example of the type of politican that DFA ought to be supporting. The more Independents and less Democrats and Republicans there are in office, the better off the democratic republic known as the United States will be.
Hope that clarifies my perspective.
Brucedevilish