The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › Stop Bashing the Democratic Party

Stop Bashing the Democratic Party

A former member
Post #: 3
I just joined your group recently. I have been a member of DFA for over a year now meeting in
Temecula until now. I have been a DEMOCRAT since I could vote. The reason I am a DEMOCRAT
is because the DEMOCRATIC party supports:
1) The right for women to decide what to do with their own bodies (A FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT)
2) The right for ones who do NOT own all the CAPITAL ($) to have an OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE ABOVE
THE POVERTY LINE...
3) The right for ones who were born impoverished to have SOME chance (NOT EVEN A FAIR chance)
at the AMERICAN DREAM
4) To NOT allow CORPORATIONS to run our country
5) To have a balance between UNIONS and CORPORATIONS

SHOULD I GO ON ???

In my opinion, anyone who says that a person who is a member of the Republican Party
might have "good ideas" is off in FAIRY LAND... ANYONE who is a Republican SUPPORTS
the agenda of the Bush Administration. Anyone who supports the Bush Administration does
NOT give a diddly ---- about our country OR the fundamental issues that I listed above...
Schwareznegger at the RNC was a CHEERLEADER for the Bush Campaign... I THOUGHT HE
WAS APPALLING... He LIED, & LIED, & LIED... It is no joking matter what the Republicans
are doing to this country right now. If (& WHEN at the RATE we are going at) THEY (THE
REPUBLICANS) get THEIR JUDGES into the JUDIARY around the country and at all levels
we are going to be SCREWED... The FUNDAMENTALS of AMERICAN DEMOCRACY are going
to be TRASHED... Anyone who is a Republican & does NOT either QUIT the Republican Party
or does NOT SPEAK out VERY FORCIBLY against the policies of the Republican Party in my
view is PART & PARCEL to this Republican agenda.

I joined DFA because HOWARD DEAN made NO BONES about what HE STOOD FOR. What
he stands for is what the REPUBLICANS are trying to DISMANTLE...

WE NEED TO BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT WHAT OUR AGENDA IS & NOT WATER DOWN WHAT OUR
POSITIONS ARE IN ORDER TO HAVE A "BIG TENT". THE REPUBLICANS ARE VERY CLEAR ABOUT
WHAT THEIR AGENDA IS... WE ALSO HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT PEOPLE FROM THE RIGHT
TRYING TO TEAR US APART...WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR LOCAL ORGANIZATION
RIGHT NOW... I COULD NOT BELIEVE ALL THE NASTY STUFF PEOPLE WHERE SAYING ABOUT MIKE...
IT SEEMED TO ME THAT EVERYONE WAS ABLE TO SAY EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANTED & STILL ARE...
SO WHO IS BEING STIFLED FROM SPEAKING THEIR MIND...

In the meeting, Mike just made it clear that Arnold's re-districting plan had NOT BEEN EXPLAINED...
...and considering that he is a REPUBLICAN who campaigned for BUSH... IT WOULD BE HIGHLY
LIKELY that his re-districting plan would PROBABLY benefit REPUBLICANS...

How can ANYONE say that we are being stifled... Just because we do NOT agree does NOT
mean anyone is being stifled to speak their mind...

I WOULD NOT be part of this group unless (AS HOWARD DEAN SAID VERY CLEARLY...)
WE SUPPORT THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY... THIS IS A NO BRAINER... We need to WIN
ELECTIONS... AND... WE NEED TO HAVE A PARTY IN ORDER TO DO THAT...
A former member
Hi,
What a great message; I agree with all you said.
Democrats have fought, died, marched so that we have as many rights and entitlements that we have. Good for you; I have never been at a meeting where someone said something against Democrats.
I think Democratic leaders are having the fight of their life and they need to know we are behind them.
I suggest we send them encouraging words; I think these NeoCons are real scary people.

Again never trust Arnold even if you think he has a good idea. All he wants is more power for his party.
Cordially, MM
Carol C.
cchangus
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
To all DFA MeetUp members #23 San Diego-New Speakers for Wed. 4/6 Meetup.

Anne Hoiberg from the UNA SD, will be speaking about her experiences in Iraq
on May 4, 2005 DFA Meetup. Anne could not make for our April 6th Meetup.

Francine Busby-Our hard working, talented Democrat that will Beat Duke Cummingham in 2006 will be our Second Speaker at our next meetup April 6, 2005. Francine raises my spirit each time she gives a speak!

Our First Speaker is Wade Sanders! Some of you might know him. For this of you who don't here, is a short bio:

Wade Sanders is a former Deputy Assistant Secratary of the Navy under the Clinton Administration. An award winning Journalist. He provides Television and print commentary on National Security matters for the National Press and International Press.

Wade Sander's attended Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and Practices Law in San Diego. He served Two Combat Tours in Vietnam, including one in the Rivers of the Mekong Delta with John Kerry, Where With the SUPPORT of Their Men, They were Both Awarded the Silver Star, the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart. He has been a close friend of John Kerry's for nearly 40 years. He has been active in each of his political Campaign.

He was Director of California Veterans for Kerry~A founder of the Veterans Brigade ~ and A member of Kerry's Band of Brothers. Yes, at the DNC Boston Convention, Kerry had his Band of Brothers walk out on stage, Wade Sanders was one of those men.

Wade Sanders will be sharing his experiences as he traveled thoughtout the Undited States for nearly a year speaking to groups large and small, and doing media for the campaign. He will share His Insights regarding the campaign, and a Look to the Future.

We are lucky to have him as our guest. All visitors are welcome. Come early to get a good sit! Enjoy our speakers and DFA National HQ Updates and Suggestions for all our members!

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!

Till Then,
Carol Changus
Speaker Coordinator For DFA Meetup #23
Member of Meetup # 23 Steering Committee
Miriam R.
writerink
La Mesa, CA
Post #: 2
Carol --

Sounds like a great program! I'm looking forward to being there.

Miriam
A former member
Post #: 5
Dear Amala,
I forgot to say I lived in Murrieta 1961 to 1963. Only 300 people in the town, 43 members in our Methodist Church which was burned down by an arsonist.
Do you know Virginia and Gordon House? Or a fellow named Mike Matteson? I think they are the only one of our church parishoners who are still alive. We could have bought an acre for 200, but who could afford it; we were making 5,000 a year.wink