align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › Who is Bashing the Democratic Party? The DLC!

Who is Bashing the Democratic Party? The DLC!

A former member
Post #: 6
For about a week now, DLCers have been writing scathing articles in right-wing pubs and on their DLC affiliated web sites blasting progressives, Dean and anyone who does not believe in their vision of what the party should stand for. Here is a post from a blog with a link to a great article on what the DLC is doing.

Personally, it is soooo frustrating to have to fight against the right-wing fanatics and then watch elected dems vote with them time and time again! In fact several of my friends and family members are so disgusted with some of these dems, (they point to DiFi in particular), that they have just dropped out of working for the party...including wanting to give $$$$!

Now we have the DLC mounting a very costly and concerted campaign against Dean and the activist branch of the party!! This is a monumental issue that can not continue to be swept under the rug and needs to be dealt with early rather than later......Lets hope our leaders are up to the task of getting both factions on the same page, at least until we save our democracy from the fanatics!

Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) declares war on Democrats
Posted by Bob Brigham

A.P. Short says the DLC wants war with Democrats:
http://www.democratic...­

Over the weekend, a key Democratic leadership coalition escalated hostilities along an already volatile front in one of Washington's bitterest ideological disputes. It was a savage and overwhelming broadside - talking heads fanned out across the entire spectrum of the broadcast media, and establishment bloggers fired up their iMacs to take their case to the global network with coordination, zeal, and ruthlessness. [...]
The DLC wants to fight a war with the activists and the progressives for the soul of the party. They believe that if if this fight is fought on their terms, using the empty language whose use they have perfected over the course of so many soulless and lackluster campaigns, they can win easily. [...]

So as the Democratic right wing takes to the airwaves to declare war on us, the soul of this party, let them hear the cry of this lowly "activist," proud to have stood up against a foolhardy, counterproductive response to a national tragedy, proud to have vehemently opposed the return to aggressive war in the nuclear age in Iraq, and proud, even still after everything, proud to be a Democrat.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the DLC attempts to triangulate by bashing Democrats. That isn't quite true, I understand that is what they are paid to do. What I can't understand is why Democrats let the Democratic Leadership Council get away with it.

Campaign finance reform has rendered the DLC obsolete, they no longer own the Democratic Party and these desperate cries for relevance are the last gasps from the political deathbed of the corporate bagmen.

carowe3
A former member
Post #: 10
Hi,
I have a feeling that those you are mentioning of the democratic party are not true democrats; they are "ringers" like Zell Miller. Zell became fanatical because he was kissing their backsides to get a good job after he retired. He is a bit of a nut to boot.

I would like to know the names of these supposed democrats. We should work to remove them.

Would you please print their names and their state? If they are from a very conservative state they may be playing to their base. If there are too many of them just give us 10 or so.

I think we are being infiltrated by the neocons who put their people in our party. They are smaller in number and are resorting to any means to win.

Thanks in advance...smile