addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

East Bay "Democracy for America" Meetup Message Board › Why Would The Poor Vote Republican?

Why Would The Poor Vote Republican?

A former member
Post #: 1,627
In my 64 years of life I have never figured out why people vote for someone or something that is totally harmful to what benefits them the most. The case in point is the fact that the Rebublican party has never cared about the welfare of the poor and middle class in this country and their voting records will show that.Do you ever hear a Republican talk about reduceing the poverty level or helping the homeless or do they talk about cutting the taxes for the high income workers? In the past seven years this country has become the home of more millionairs then ever before,to be exact there are about 9,000,000 of them living in the U.S. now.It seems that the rich have been made more well to do by this administration but how have the poor and middle class done at the same time? If you are reading this article then I think you know. Can anybody tell me any benefits that this administration has given to the not so rich people that has benefitted the rich more, such as tax brakes.Has the minimum wage changed yet? No, still 5.85 per hour because the Republicans are worried about businesses having to pay more money but 5.85 is a good living wage! Health care anybody, well not as long as this party is in power as they have had congress for more then 10 years and have done nothing. I think you get the point, so I would ask anybody out there to answer my question as to why would a poor person vote Republican.