add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

East Bay "Democracy for America" Meetup Message Board › Pres. Obama, V.P.Colin Powell?

Pres. Obama, V.P.Colin Powell?

A former member
Post #: 1,758
Is this change or what? Could you imagine this combination going against the Republicans? Powell takes away the war issue from McCain and as a Republican he shows that the Democrats can work with Republicans in a bipartisian way. This would be a double first in that two African Americans at the top of a ticket is unheard of. I think that this country would be very well satisfied with these two gentlemen at the top of the ticket. The question is if this country wants the best men for the job or Republicans? What do you think? I know this might not happen but what if it does?
Peter R H.
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
I believe Obama and Powell are as opposite as two people can be, and
I hope we have a much better VP selection for the ticket. Instead, I believe
Powell should be turned over to the ICC as a war criminal, right behind Bush
and Cheney.

As the chief spokesperson of the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" argument,
Colin Powell is responsible for the death and mutilation of more than a
million innocent men, women and children in Iraq. Since he was in a position
to know the facts, his lies and omissions to the United Nations are clear
evidence of his intent to mislead the world. His words were used in the
US to tip the argument of credible evidence, but can now be seen as the
lies of an American military man intent on murder and making up the facts
in order to achieve that goal. His actions, while wearing the uniform and
representing the US, defamed both in the eyes of the world.

Obama, on the other hand, said we should not attack. We should talk. A
position which is the change we are hoping for.
A former member
Post #: 1,769
I must say that you are correct and Mr. Powell is responsible for his lies that is a major reason for us being in Iraq. What do you think of Senator James Webb of Virginia?