DFW Adventurers! Message Board › Seasoned Kayakers

Seasoned Kayakers

Valerie A. J.
user 8879309
Plano, TX
Post #: 2
Any seasoned kayakers willing to meet with newbies to show us the ropes? I participated in a class last summer but never developed a support group to practice with. I want to do it more (I may take the course again) and I want a fun group to go out with.
Teresa
user 10010258
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I suggest you check out the group "DFW Paddlesports, kayak etc...." group. It is led by an instructor who gives discounted classes to members. I was already somwhat experienced when I joined, but have learned so much more. They go out at least once a week or so. They also do practice sessions during the spring and summer. It has made it more fun when I go out with other groups. The Adventureres and the Easy Yakers have done combo events with them.
Cheryl
Cookiwafer
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 60
Thanks Teresa! I was going to suggest the same. However, when the weather gets a bit better, we will start going out more with DFW Adventurers. Also, just about every camping trip will involve kayaking as well. Hope we see you all soon! Cheryl Co Organizer DFW Adventurers.
A former member
Post #: 21
I can't wait to do some kayaking (and camping!!) - OH THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT !!!