October 21, 2013 · 7:00 AM
We try to get together as often as feasible, but we know sometimes that life gets in the way of the fun things we like to do, such as photography. With that in mind, we will always have a Weekly Picture Perfect Challenge that you can participate in, regardless if you can attend one of our actual meetup events.
So each week I'll post a weekly challenge with a different theme (well maybe not every week, but mostly every week). Remember that this is NOT a competition, this is about being creative and having fun. This is not a meetup where we get together. This is just a personal challenge for you to go out and find something to photograph on your own, for the week's particular theme.
1) Every week go out to search and shoot some photos for the theme.
2) Then post your photos in the album. AND there is not deadline. Naturally most of the posts and focus will be on the week of the event, but you can post pictures to any theme at any time.
3) Make for sure to comment on each others photos to give support and compliments.
4) By all means mention your camera and lens used, and if the picture has been altered or enhanced in any way, so we can all learn and improve our techniques.
5) Last but not least...have some fun!!
Remember: We don't actually meet for "Picture Perfect Challenge" events. There is no place or time that we gather for this. They are just themes for you to photograph and post on your own in between times when we aren't meeting. The time that the event is listed as starting is simply the time that the meetup website will allow you to start posting your images that you capture.