Greetings club members!
Every year our club helps out the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children on their big Farm & Ranch day. This year, the event is Saturday, May 17th. The hospitals annual "Farm & Ranch" Day is filled with arts, crafts, and even animals. All for the benefit of the hospitalized children to make their days brighter. If you aren't familiar with the Scottish Rite Hospital, they treat Texas children with orthopedic conditions, such as scoliosis, clubfoot, hand disorders, hip disorders and limb length differences, as well as certain related neurological disorders and learning disorders, such as dyslexia.
Each year, we set up a photo booth with a western theme, take pictures of the kids, and then print out the pictures for the kids to keep and remember their fun filled day. Due to privacy reasons, we don't keep or post the images. So this isn't an event to fill your portfolio. However, I promise if you decide to help us out, you will work your butt off and LOVE every minute of it. It is such a joy to see these kids who struggle every day of their lives having so much fun.
Anyway WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! it's great if we have a dozen or more to help. Specifically, we need
- A minimum of 4, but 6 would be better, people to bring their laptops and their printers so that the pictures can be printed out. You will also need to be able to upload images to your laptop from a compact flash card.
- I have some of 4"X6" photo paper and will donate it, but we could use more.
- Two photographers to take the photos.
- Someone with a pick up truck that can bring a few items from my studio to the Farm & Ranch day event.
- Additional volunteers to help by carrying compact flash cards to and from the photographers and printers, and also to carry prints to the children.
- Someone willing to bring a cooler full of bottled water.
- And some more people just to help relieve and spell some of the people.
The event starts at 10:00 am so we will meet at 9am to start setting up the booth space. Also, please make 100% sure that you can make this event before committing!
Here is what you can do if you want to help.
- RSVP Yes to this event.
- After you RSVP yes, you'll be asked to let us know what tasks you can help with, and your contact phone number. Keep in mind, we are in great need of people that can bring laptops and printers.