|Sent on:||Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:19 PM|
Lead QA Automation Developer - Contract to Hire (definite hire on option after 4 months) Contact me immediately if interested!
We are working directly with the hiring manager recruiting for a strong Python developer who WANTS to develop tools for the automation of software. This is a developer developing automation tools to make the QA organizations job more efficient and needs to have good leadership abilities to assist the manager in leading this group in the right direction for Tools Development.
The Lead Software Quality Automation Developer is responsible for
creating, implementing and supporting productivity tools for
internal and external web applications, web services, Windows clients, and database validations. This position will develop, document and
support large-scale, maintainable automation frameworks and scripts using a variety of open source, vendor-provided, and in-house tools and
languages to support product quality initiatives in an Agile-focused software development organization. Also to be developed are
“automation assist” scripts and tools, some of which may be disposable, that help advance the quality initiatives in non-traditional ways.
The lead works closely with the automation manager to evolve the tools experience for both the automation team and the user teams.
Required Background and experience:
- 5 - 10 years software development experience
- 5+ years test automation framework development experience
- 2+ years .NET/Windows and Web-based application or script programming
- Programming experience in C# or Java
- Solid experience in a scripting language(s)
- 2+ years Python development
- hands-on experience with web testing tools
- TestComplete experience (Preferred)
- Selenium WebDriver (Preferred)
- Solid SQL Server Skills reading/writing SQL, including joins
- 3+ years creating, automating, or programmatically testing REST and SOAP services
- Load testing tools experience (Preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment required
- 2+ years working in a Scrum environment (Preferred)
Hands on experience with industry standard web service tools
- 2+ years’ experience with SoapUI
- Less than 2 years Formal scrum-related certification (Preferred), i.e. CSP, CSM, CSPO, etc.
Major Areas of
- Basic understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually provide
tools for the software delivery teams.
Builds and implements a scalable, reusable automation framework. Works with team to set appropriate
standards for usage of the framework and trains quality assurance personnel to enable them to use it.
Works closely with quality assurance team to help them develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts, using the provided
automation framework, writing test scripts when applicable.
Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints using automation, automation
assist, and disposable scripts.
- Works with application teams to review existing test cases in order to convert or create automated tests cases.
- Leads automation team members (both onshore and offshore) on day-to-day operations.
- Documents and maintains automation testing procedures and tools.
- Manages the automation source code in a version control system in parallel with the associated applications under test.
- Works with Agile development team to modify applications to accommodate automation wherever possible
- Continually generate new ideas for improving the automation team and the user teams.
- Works closely with automation team manager to implement appropriate team improvements.
- Works with manual testers to enable automation suites to be executed on a regular basis to validate the quality
releases as well as daily builds.
- Works with offshore and other non-local teams.
- Reports anomalies discovered during tool creation. Helps teams use results to drive continuous improvement upstream.
- Provides estimates for planning, development and execution tools.
- Researches new automated tools and techniques and evaluates them for opportunities for improvement.
- Trains and mentors local and remote team members on automation processes and best practices.
Train, develop, motivate and counsel direct reports to improve their present performance and to
prepare them for higher-level positions.
- Make hiring decisions.
Evaluate the performance of direct reports. Discuss present and past performance, establish new objectives,
accountabilities and develop plans.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. (Systemware PS does not subcontract) Out-of-town candidates must be willing to pay their own relocation and interview costs. No third party calls please.
If you are looking to advance your career, applying for a job with Systemware PS is a smart move. Systemware PS is committed to long-term growth by building relationships with the most innovative, talented IT professionals. Contact Pam Parker at[masked] to discuss your career goals so we can take the next step together.
Systemware, Inc. and Systemware Professional Services are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/D/V).
Pam Parker, CPC – Sr. Recruiting Executive
Systemware Professional Services
15301 Dallas Parkway Suite 1100
Addison, TX 75001
V. [masked] F. [masked]