The DFW Roleplayers Group Message Board GM's Looking For Players › GURPS Fantasy and/or Stargate SG-1

GURPS Fantasy and/or Stargate SG-1

A former member
Post #: 1
I have had a temporary loss of players (taking the summer off) and I'm looking for people to either continue our current GURPS based Fantasy game or to kick off a new GURPS based Stargate SG-1 game.
Steve
user 11338500
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I would potentially be interested, especially a new SG1 game, but either would do. What are the details on your group?

I'm relatively new to GURPS, but have created a mini apocalyptic setting (sadly on hiatus) and somewhat articulate on the mechanics ;-)

thanks
Steve
A former member
Post #: 2
Normally my group consists of an Architect in his early 40s, a technical writer in his mid 40s, myself (late 30s), my wife (early 30s).

At the moment the architect is on hiatus.

I am trying to add a couple more players only, 3 tops.
Steve
user 11338500
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
Ah good - a seasoned group!
I'm in my mid 40s and perform QA in the Web Dev industry.

How often do you game? If I had my druthers something like monthly sessions over a weekend or would be open to bi-weekly if on a week night.
A former member
Post #: 3
Sorry for the slow reply. For some reason I didn't get a notification you responded.

When we're in full swing, we try and play every Sunday or every other Sunday. However, reality often gets in the way and those bursts of regular play are occasionally interrupted by similar burst of general unavailabiliy. Over the course of a year, the average becomes one game every two weeks. But occasionally that's because of a new month without play here and there.

Usually, it's a matter of Thursday or Friday me knowing if I'm available (hard to play without the GM) and shooting out a message "are we all free Sunday". If I get enough "yes" we play. If I get too much "no", we don't. With a group as small as ours though, it doesn't take much "no" to stop the game.