add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The DFW Roleplayers Group Message Board GM's Looking For Players › GM/Players seeking

GM/Players seeking

Dean P.
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
Okay let's try it a different way...

I'm a longtime GM, I'm looking for one or two players (I have a few of my own). We've been playing together for years, and we're looking for some new blood - experience is secondary to enthusiasm. If you're a noob - don't be shy! We'd be happy to show you the ropes. If you're a grizzled grognard - you will feel right at home. If you're somewhere in-between - you'll have a great time.

The Deal: We're in North Dallas - Allen right off Stacy. OR our alternate location is Allen right off of Bethany. Currently we're considering starting up a Pathfinder (likely Golarion sandbox-style game) or Fantasy Craft game (likewise a Golarion sandbox-style game). We're considering Edge of the Empire (which would be new for us. If we did it, it would be set in the Old Republic slightly before the onset of the Sith Empire/Old Republic War). We're open to possible other games - especially World of Darkness (NWoD or CWoD), Mutants and Masterminds 3e. We'd like the new players to have a say and some buy-in, even if it means playing something entirely different, with one exception: No 4e, it simply is not our cup of tea.

We play on Saturdays - generally starting around 4pm and we play until midnight - sometimes longer if the game requires it and everyone is amendable.

What we're wanting: Enthusiastic players that want a little social complexity to their games beyond just on-the-rails modules only style play. Where players feel they can set their agendas within the context of the larger campaign world - and make it happen! So whether you're a newcomer or a grognard - it's all good.

New GM's - if you're a GM and want to run a campaign, that's good too! Ideally I'd like this group to have more GM's than just myself. Not because I'm burned out or anything - but because I think different perspectives in a gaming group is almost always good.

About us: We've been playing together for the better part of a decade (or longer in some cases) - we've played everything. We tend to have very long campaigns that stretch into multi-year affairs filled with sprawling plots and often in-depth politics. We don't mind hack-and-slash, but it's always in context with the game. As the primary GM - I'm a bit of details-type person, my goal is bring your character to life for you within the campaign and I'm really big on character development. I like to challenge the players not just mechanically, but in terms of what your character is about (in context with the campaign). So if you like to roleplay, if you like to plot and scheme, if you like to be HEROIC in the face of adversity (or if you're not sure what *any* of this means, but want a taste of it! We're the group!

As players we've grown to expect other GM's to do the same (but it's not mandatory). We love good ol' fashioned dungeon-crawls like the next crew - so it's wide-open. At heart: we're gamers to the bone. We'd like the same from anyone that wants to play or GM with us.
Stan S.
Group Organizer
Wylie, TX
Post #: 34
If you haven't already, you might look at these options:

As places to cross-post your info. :-)
Wai N.
user 13831150
McKinney, TX
Post #: 7
I sent you an email.