New to WordPress? Confused? Need a "getting oriented" map?
We started on this topic in May and got only halfway through the material. In July, we will cover the remainder of the basics and cover intermediate material as well. Bring questions and a laptop, site clinics also take place at the afterhours at Sherlock's where advanced members can help you with your site problems.
We will cover:
- Setting the right Permalinks — and why it matters
- 12 essential WordPress plugins
- 8 Common WordPress errors and how to avoid them
- Uploading images the smart way
- Hidden secrets of the media panel
- How to get WordPress help at 2am
- Some ideas for getting "traffic"
- Why your site is slow and how to fix it
- Security best practices.
- Q & A