Dear WordPress Rockstar,
Join us next month for a practical session on getting your WordPress website looking good and working for you to generate business.What
: July DFWWP: WordPress 102: Beyond the Basics When
: Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:00 PMFee
: $5.00 per personWhere
: The Art Institute of Dallas
8080 Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75231
214-692-8080Need WordPress Help? Do plugins and widgets confuse you?
We covered WordPress basics in May and got only halfway through the material! In July, we will cover the remainder of the basics and cover intermediate material as well. Bring questions and your laptop, site clinics also take place at the after-hours at Sherlock's where advanced members can help you with your site problems.
We will cover:
- Setting the right Permalinks — and why it matters
- 12 essential WordPress plugins
- 8 Common WordPress errors and how to avoid them
- Uploading images the smart way
- Hidden secrets of the media panel
- How to get WordPress help at 2am
- The ideas for getting "traffic"
- Why your site is slow and how to fix it
- Security best practices.
- Q & A
PS -- Join us at Sherlock's afterwards for an informal afterparty and networking.
Important Logistical Details or "how not to be lost and confused"
- The guest WiFi network SSD = "Wireless G" and the password = "dallas2009"
- Afterparty at Sherlock's: Keep your evening open for our famous DFWWP "networking" afterparty. Catch up with your DFWWP and DFWWPTech friends.
- If this is your first time, please read these directions carefully or you will get lost:
Parking at The Art Institute of Dallas. Use the student parking lot on the East side of 8080 Park Lane. Enter from Park Lane (going past the North parking garage). Park on the 5th floor upward. Entrance to the building is from the 5th level of the parking lot via a walkway to building's 4th floor. If Security is at the desk when you enter the building, please sign in. You may enter and go to the elevators if no guard is on duty at the time of entry. Take the elevator to the SECOND FLOOR.
Student Parking 5th Level > Elevated Walkway to 4th floor > Elevator to 2nd Floor