addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Database corruption

Database corruption

Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 1
Seems my database is corrupted. I can see my last three posts in my blog. But not the prior 34.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Had someone in the know look at it. They sent me to this forum.

Regards,
Peter
214-336-1286
Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 6
I suggest contacting your hosting company ASAP to see if there is a way to restore your DB. Time may be of the essence.
Chris K.
user 40630072
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
Are you sure your database is corrupted? Is there anything you might have installed in Wordpress like plugins or updates that could have caused the posts not to display?

You might want to start by disabling all your plugins and themes (using a Wordpress default theme) to see if your posts appear again. If they do, then try to isolate the plugin or theme causing the problem by enabling them one by one and checking the content. If your database is corrupted, your web host should have a back up..

Let us know what happens!
Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 2
Thank you all for the suggestions.

Symptoms... When in the Settings section, I can go to "posts". And I can see the content on a screen that looks like I am entering it into a new post, or like it would look in an edit mode... So the content is there... Just not available via the page link (Labeled "Blog") in the home page.

See www.PIMCoach.com. Hit the Blog page... Error.
Go back to home page. At the bottom of the right column is the monthly archive. Click April OK. Click March OK. Click Feb or anything prior... Error....

I did add a bunch of plugins in early march... The above tip may work.
Thanks again.
Peter
Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 7
Another shot in the dark. Did you recently change your permalink settings? You might try the default settings in case your server settings don't accommodate that.
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 51
I think Steven is on the right track.

When access the feed, I am able to display a list of the older posts and click on their headlines and read them.
feed://pimcoach.com/2012/feed/

When I access the archives, prior to March, I get a 500 server error:
http://pimcoach.com/2...­

This error typically indicates a problem with the .htaccess file.

Best,
Tony
Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 3
Steve, Tony,
Thank you for your suggestions... I re-set set to default.... Same symptoms....

Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Peter
Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 4
Steve, Chris, Tony,
Thank you all for the help. Things are back to normal. Solution was as Steve suggested. Disable all plug ins and test each to see if it was the culprit.

For all the rest. I performed an update to WP to 3.3.1 the latest version. One of the plug-ins was not compatible with the latest version. Very strangely, I deleted and reloaded the culprit, and it now works.

All seems well. Thank you all again!

Sincerely,
Peter
The Personal Information Management Coach
www.PIMCoach.com
Chris K.
user 40630072
Dallas, TX
Post #: 5
It looks like you switched the theme to the default WP theme and I can actually view the Blog link and the posts do appear. The April post just has a headline and a link below that, but all the other posts seem to work fine for me. One thing I noticed is that when I click in the menu item "BLOG" the URL says "blogs". I would check your permalink for the blog again.

Also it looks like your posts aren't categorized under your Blog or by the monthly permalinks. The URLs show the post but not the permalink structure I would normally associate with blog URLs. I hope that makes sense. You might want to check your categories.

For example, I would expect to see this type of URL:
http://pimcoach.com/2...­.

But instead, I see this:
http://pimcoach.com/1...­

I would be willing to take a look at your site if you give me access. You can email me at design@chriskinsman.com. It's your call though and not sure the appropriateness of allowing others into your site.
Chris K.
user 40630072
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
I think I recommended that you disable plugins, but kudos to Steve if he did the same. I would also still look at the way your posts are categorized in your blog and the actual link to your blog since it goes to "blogs."

Did Tony cover incompatible plugins at the last meeting and what kind of havoc they can wreak on a site? LOL! He did mention to make sure you look at the compatability with WP before you install. It's also a good idea to look at user comments to see if people are having problems with it.

I'm sure we have all had our fair share of plugins causing our sites to go awry. This is actually very common and one of the first things you want to look at when your site doesn't work properly. My biggest issue has been with caching plugins, so be warned if and when you go that route. ; )