addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Wordpress theme - Internet Explorer problem

Wordpress theme - Internet Explorer problem

Ruth F.
RuthF
Dallas, TX
Post #: 34
When you visit our page: http://northdallasgaz...­ and hover over the About Us drop down menu. On Explorer it shows up behind the Flickr insert box. On other browsers it overlaps. However, IE is the main one used by our audience - any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 52
This is a common problem with menus and IE. Have your developer look into the "nav" class on the menu. This is usually in the style.css. The "z-axis" needs to be set to be a higher number than the classes below it.
Kathy L.
klibey
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Tony, Do you mean the "z-index"? I had the same problem awhile back, and adjusted the z-indices of the elements in question.
A former member
Post #: 11
I have found that using an additional <div> fixes this issue most of the time. I had navigation on top with an image slider and in IE the image slider would show up on top of the navigation drop downs so that you couldn't select a category. I placed the image slider slides EACH into their own <div> and this corrects the problem in most all browsers.