addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Looking for a template like this. See link

Looking for a template like this. See link

Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 8
Looking for a template like this. See link

http://www.people-ont...­

I like this site. Is there any easy way to figure out what template they use? Look familiar to anyone. Strange thing is that they do not have any way to send them a question.

Regards,
Peter
Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 8
That is the Foxboro Theme for the Hubspot CMS system which I know nothing about but you can learn more about it here:

http://hubspot-migrat...­

The Foxboro theme isn't for Wordpress.

With all the themes out there you surely could find something close but probably would run into some restyling of the CSS, adding images, possible work with the functions.php file and creating or working on the existing home.php file. All very doable and a great way to learn but not a quick process.

For instance, you could start with something that is sparsely styled such as the Prose theme from Studio Press:

http://demo.studiopre...­

Hopefully someone is familiar with a theme that is closer to the look you see with Foxboro.
Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 9
Thank you. I was hoping it would be easier than the process you describe.

How hard is it to transfer all of my content and add on modules to a Studio Press theme. I actually like the Education theme, but I do not see an e-commerce capability.

This isn't easy is it? Thanks again.

Regards,
Peter
Matt C.
user 13749624
Arlington, TX
Post #: 3
Using a Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress separates your content from your style. So, you can change the look and feel of your site by switching to a new theme, such as one from StudioPress, without having to "transfer" any of your content. There might be some initial work you have to do to set up the theme exactly the way you want, but there is no "transferring" of content.

As far as e-commerce capability, it depends on which plugin you want to use. I'm not a StudioPress expert, but I believe that they are currently updating all of their themes to be "e-commerce ready" for the WooCommerce plugin. Not sure which themes have been updated or not yet.

But, any theme is capable of e-commerce, because that is handled by a plugin, not the theme. Some will require more work than others to setup and to match the look of your theme. When a theme says it is "e-commerce ready" it just means that it has included CSS styling for a particular e-commerce plugin that will perfectly match and integrate with the theme, and maybe some other tweaks to make it a bit more friendly.

You might find these videos helpful: http://ithemes.com/tu...­ I think they were recorded on Wordpress 3.2 or 3.3 (the current release is version 3.4), so it might be a bit out-of-date on a few things, but the basics are there. It would be very helpful for someone new to WordPress.

Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 9
I missed your last reply....sorry. I have worked with a handful of Studio Press themes including the Education theme. The Education theme is older and doesn't respond in any special way to mobile devices but it is great to work with as are all the Studio Press themes I've used. Also, their support is wonderful. There is quite a bit of configuration for their features to work but once you get a little under your belt, you'll be off to the races and again, their support is there to help you. They do take off on Sundays as a rule.

If you have an existing, working site, you probably want to work in another environement , then migrate or copy/past your theme folders into your current site. You should contact the Studio Press team via their forum with all presales and tech support questions.

I also don't mean to imply Studio Press Genesis Framework is the only way to go. It's just what I know and am very happy. I'm usually easily turned away by poor services.
Ken F.
user 3788209
Garland, TX
Post #: 3
For Ecommerce I recommend for smaller stores FoxyShop and FoxyCart which tie in excellently with Paypal API or PAYLEAP or many others. For larger stores, rather than building them in WordPress, I opt for a third party like Big Commerce, where you have a fully secure store outside of your WordPress that can be matched to your header/footer.

Ken
Steve F.
user 8408704
Dallas, TX
Post #: 16
If you are looking to do an e-commerce website in Wordpress, I highly recommend Woo Commerce - axz.mx/wp-woo-commerce­. If you are just looking for Wordpress themes, you might also check out Theme Forest - axz.mx/theme-forest-wp­.