addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Need recommendations for a Store Front Plug-In

Need recommendations for a Store Front Plug-In

A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to get some recommendations on Store Front Plug-Ins for a new web-site I am working on. The WP theme that I am using is Themify. I will have a limited number of products available in two to five sizes, but a large number of different colors. I was planning on showing each color as a different product to make it easier for the customer to view and order.

Any and all recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Linda
Webolu
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 4
Cathy did you find a plug-in solution? I'm also looking for the same.
Zig B.
zigbaird
McKinney, TX
Post #: 2
Check out WooCommerce - that might fit your needs.
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 58
I've been happy with WordPress as a blogging platform, but for eCommerce, not so much.

I recommend trying BigCommerce. They are 100% dedicated to eCommerce. They have a hosted plan, meaning no software to download and maintain, and no SSL security concerns. They are packed with features for selling products with many sizes and options.

I love it because I used it for my wife's HCG diet store, and she has had zero problems since I launched in July. It took me only four hours to migrate her from an existing Miva Merchant store of 10 years.

You can make a free trial eCommerce store at: http://TonyCecala.big...­

Tony Cecala
DFW WordPress Meetup Organizer
www.meetup.com/DFWWordPress
Matt C.
user 13749624
Arlington, TX
Post #: 9
If you want a wordpress solution, I'm also a fan of woocommerce.

Took a look at BigCommerce, which looks mighty interesting. I think I'll set up a trial and see what I think about it for a project I'm working on right now. Could be overkill depending on your product and sales volume.
A former member
Post #: 4
If you are looking to run a good sized database with 100s of products I would recommend Magento all the way. It is open source and has many developers. There are also many plug-ins and mods you can do to your Magento store. I have a demo Magento site that has a WordPress blog fully integrated into the eCommerce store (MagentoExtra.com). Magento can re-skin and re-theme WordPress on the fly to match your Magento install so your customers don't even know the difference. I have found this to be a great way to get the SEO benefits from the WP blog and the functionality of a professional eCommerce system. MagentoExtra.com is a demo site featuring what I have just described. It is a slightly more complicated setup but it will be ready to grow with your company in the future.